joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13-14 Potential Snowstorm II

earthlight

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speak for yourself. This run is about as good as it gets for the interior on a miller A.

The timing is over 24 hours from start to finish.

QPF is 1.5"+ everywhere with 1.75"+ for SE NJ. The 1"+ line goes back to central PA.

Yea yanks the sharp cut off might give u some trouble with this storm if it does move 50 miles west....that would be epic for the city tho, essp if that band on the nam happens

Yea yanks the sharp cut off might give u some trouble with this storm if it does move 50 miles west....that would be epic for the city tho, essp if that band on the nam happens

If the Euro shifts 50 miles east we would still be okay out here but the heaviest totals would be over the city and Long Island. One mans gain is anothers blunder here.

How so? Its heavy snow for the coast to start 6-8….then the metro area goes to rain dry slot…..nw areas get hammered 

There would likely be another area of heavy snow with the 500mb low that passes over that area (as long as it stays closed), so even some places that get dryslotted for a time would get pummeled again. Same situation as 1/26/11. With such a strong UA presentation, I don't buy the models that have a minor CCB. It would mean real business.

Given that all other models are over the BM, a compromise track might be best but weighed a little closer to the Euro track. So that would be maybe 50-70 miles SE of Montauk.

If the Euro shifts 50 miles east we would still be okay out here but the heaviest totals would be over the city and Long Island. One mans gain is anothers blunder here.

If the 1" line is over central PA, a 50 mile east shift would be immaterial to you. The way banding sets up in these, you guys could easily still get crushed. Numerous storms that were supposed to jackpot for me ended up jackpotting for places closer to you, 2/12/06 and Boxing Day among them.

If the 1" line is over central PA, a 50 mile east shift would be immaterial to you. The way banding sets up in these, you guys could easily still get crushed. Numerous storms that were supposed to jackpot for me ended up jackpotting for places closer to you, 2/12/06 and Boxing Day among them.

I was a little too far west for Boxing Day. Only about 13". Not complaining, but 15 miles to my east was over 20".

Took a ride out to PA a few days after. By the time I made it to Warren County the snowpack was under 6".

not according to the euro....anyone have euro soundings for NYC/ISP/JFK?

If there's another foot of snow that falls from this, some places will be approaching 2 feet of snow on the ground afterwards given what's already on the ground from prior storms, so yes. The Euro is apparently a huge front end snow to a dryslot/light rain, so it nails the city too. A slight bit further east track means little chance at a dryslot or much mixing.

Is this still a Wednesday night Thursday storm or is it now Thursday into Friday??? Might be a dumb question but looking thru the post I saw one person say Wednesday night Thursday and another say Thursday into Friday just trying to get appointment's squared away. Thanks for your help...

Guys need to stop with the imby analysis and just focus on the storm as a whole it's becoming very unbearable lately if the coast changes it's still a huge storm, if it slides 50 miles east it still going to effect alit of people just it back and enjoy it, we were killing for a storm like this and now it's here and we are fighting over who is changing over to rain or not, who cares it will change again relax and enjoy it..

Is this still a Wednesday night Thursday storm or is it now Thursday into Friday??? Might be a dumb question but looking thru the post I saw one person say Wednesday night Thursday and another say Thursday into Friday just trying to get appointment's squared away. Thanks for your help...

It should get going thurs am

The 12z Suite was outstanding today , the NAM GFS UKMET GGEM  all offer  HEAVY snow area wide , only the GFS with its typical

bias allows some its energy to escape east at hr 78 - that will come W . 

The Euro is 1.5 really area wide and 25 miles jog east isn`t goin to fringe anyone . This is a big system and will crush

eveyone east of the APP all the way into NE .

The Euro is at 12z is further east than at 0z and no one is fringed , at 0z KNYC recieves 6 inches of snow before a change to rain at 12z they get 12 .

Look at the trend here and don`t take each model and agonize over it .

The 12z Suite was outstanding today , the NAM GFS UKMET GGEM all offer HEAVY snow area wide , only the GFS with its typical

bias allows some its energy to escape east at hr 78 - that will come W .

The Euro is 1.5 really area wide and 25 miles jog east isn`t goin to fringe anyone . This is a big system and will crush

eveyone east of the APP all the way into NE .

The Euro is at 12z is further east than at 0z and no one is fringed , at 0z KNYC recieves 6 inches of snow before a change to rain at 12z they get 12 .

Look at the trend here and don`t take each model and agonize over it .

So Pauly where are we accumulation wise in Monmouth?

The 12Z EURO maybe west, but I highly doubt the EURO ENS will budge. The GGEM and UKMET are nearly over lapping around the track the 12Z NAM has and the GFS is still a bit east of the majority of the guidance. The computer models are slowly converging on the EURO ENS. Most likely, the 12Z EURO ENS will move a bit west. Although that's IMO.  

The Euro didn't come west today. It looks about what it was at 0z. It's stronger so there is even more of a front end snow thump but then some warming/dryslotting near the city/coast. I'll gladly take the 10" and then dryslot it shows.

Important to note the 12Z euro to keep everyone sane was the western most model today. If you blend them all you get the ENTIRE area not having mixing issues as the LP closes off and also track NE from OBX-BM. Wait for the EURO ensembles as well

Look forward to you analysis on the ensembles. 

Archived