• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential storm February 12-13 2014

famartin

Good thing professionals don't jump around based on every model run....I guess this is why it is called guidance and not a forecast. You can't shovel model guidance!

We are really going to have to pray for a major snow thump overnight Wednesday because we are staring at an ugly dryslot where precip shuts off for hours, temps warm and then when precip resumes its light and non-accumulating.

850 track is way too close for us along with the 500 track.......need everything to shift 50-100 miles SE in a hurry.....my guess is we are toast at 0z

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are really going to have to pray for a major snow thump overnight Wednesday because we are staring at an ugly dryslot where precip shuts off for hours, temps warm and then when precip resumes its light and non-accumulating.

850 track is way too close for us along with the 500 track.......need everything to shift 50-100 miles SE in a hurry.....my guess is we are toast at 0z

Who's "we"? Are you on the coast or in SNJ? The western trend is good for most of eastern PA NW of I-95. I'm not sure why your so negative....

ABE is 1.09" liquid.  Not all of that is snow.  So... probably 6-12 or something like that.

Not surprised to hear about the mixing.  The GGEM didn't hold it all snow out here, either.  I'm liking a compromise that sets the mix line up from about, say, Doylestown to Morristown.  Yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

I'm 10 miles WSW of PHL.  The western trend sucks for SEPA and northern DE.

My hope is that the Euro/GGEM are overdoing the phase and that H5 closes off not so early.

Who's "we"? Are you on the coast or in SNJ? The western trend is good for most of eastern PA NW of I-95. I'm not sure why your so negative....

Was good up until this point. Any further and there will be p-type issues for NW as well. Yesterday the GFS and NAM were fringing the hell out of NW of I-95. There's so much IMBY analysis on these boards...

Well, you do realize the latest Euro changes you over to non-snow, right?

Well, you do realize the latest Euro changes you over to non-snow, right?

Haven't seen the maps, but from what I've heard by the play-by-play it bumped up qpf totals and the changeover is a close call for my area, right? I'd rather be close to a changeover with high qpf that deal with being fringed like some of the solutions that were advertised earlier today and yesterday. Obviously this scenario would be much worse for I-95 and SE though. It's just hard to interpret people's analysis when they don't have their location listed due to storm mode. 

Two points today

1. The GFS continues to make little sense on this storm. the 500 mb set-up coupled with the low level warmth don't add up. EC makes a lot of sense and the 12Z EC was a west shift I was dreading would happen. 

2. A lot of time spent in the warm sector should be dry-slotted pretty good. 

Haven't seen the maps, but from what I've heard by the play-by-play it bumped up qpf totals and the changeover is a close call for my area, right? I'd rather be close to a changeover with high qpf that deal with being fringed like some of the solutions that were advertised earlier today and yesterday. Obviously this scenario would be much worse for I-95 and SE though. It's just hard to interpret people's analysis when they don't have their location listed due to storm mode. 

At TTN its drier.  Not sure about elsewhere.

That map is very cool. Looking at verbatim it looks like a 24/30 hour event with for TTN looks overwhelmingly snow.

Ray: TTN is your specialty area. Does that look right to you? I am in Hamilton.

I'm not even going to look at it.  Its a shiny toy for TV viewers.  Not to be trusted.

At TTN its drier.  Not sure about elsewhere.

Ah ok. I'm actually in Collegeville PA (Central Montomery County) right now. So I'm less worried about mixing... Nevertheless, I'm optimistic about this one. Looks to me like a qpf bomb with limited mixing issues for NW of I-95. I think that 20 miles on either side of I-95 is going to be the battleground for serious mixing issues. I'm buying into the amped solution. I don't think this comes much more west, but I think that the CMC and EURO have had an excellent handle on this system and have been very consistent. The NAM and GFS have been all over the place, I especially don't get all the love for the NAM on this system. I think those wishing for a coastal crusher for this storm are grasping for straws... We shall see.

Archived