joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential storm February 12-13 2014

famartin

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant help but think about how the GFS shifted SE to a prime spot with the low pressure yet it barely produces... Stepping back from it all, how many times this winter has it just loved to snow - even more than expected several times already. Why would that not happen again? Seems logical that this will have plenty of moisture with it.

GFS bombs out much earlier than expected on this run.

Guys....this is still going to be a very dynamic system, GFS even though it switches over for a time...shows heavy snow on the back-end.

Even thundersnow possible.   GFS = very impressive this run.  

Moves out of the area slower too.  (compared to 18z) 

dynamic,,,,but it is not friendly on the QPF. Heck looks like rain for many people at one point.

dynamic,,,,but it is not friendly on the QPF. Heck looks like rain for many people at one point.

hang in there, we've still got another 24 hours of model runs. 

this run of the GFS is at-least starting to get more in-tune with the overly dynamic NAM.  

But it is almost baffling the temperature differences between the 2.  Pretty sure it's BS that the freezing line gets that far inland....GFS almost has me at the freezing mark even.   It's currently 2 degrees, with like a 15 inch snowpack.  / icepack

24 hours later and come full circle through hell and back on the models. ECM a great track a tad east and colder and unlike GFS it's wet

How wet is "wet"? Reading through both NYC and MA sub forums and seeing 1.00"+ QPF's. Do those killer numbers do a jump skip over sepa or do we see about the same? I'm nervous up here in Berks...

Archived