joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential storm February 12-13 2014

famartin

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the first Feb 2010 storm a straight up Miller A?  It had a crazy snow gradient due to the confluence that dropped real far south over Maine.  PHL had 28" and I bet Reading had far far less than that.

The first 2010 storm was an oddball, it went essentially due east.  Not only did RDG have much less, but NYC had MUCH MUCH less... and nothing north of there.

As far as our place on this little blue marble called earth it looks like a toss up between a ECM/UKIE/GGEM 10-13" MECS and a GFS/NAM 6-8" SECS 

Storm is too fast moving with the kicker and no blocking we can just about discount a HECS 

I like the January 1987 analog. Great storm 12" featured lightning

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/02/11/incoming-winter-storm-could-mimic-1987-heavy-snow-event/?tid=pm_pop

As far as our place on this little blue marble called earth it looks like a toss up between a ECM/UKIE/GGEM 10-13" MECS and a GFS/NAM 6-8" SECS 

Storm is too fast moving with the kicker and no blocking we can just about discount a HECS 

I like the January 1987 analog. Great storm 12" featured lightning

High building to the north on ggem

This really was a big surge of warmth on the EC compared to previous runs.  GEM had a big surge of warmth too compared to previous runs.  If 0Z keeps this idea up...

what's kind of odd to me is that the track is not that different from the 0z Euro.  Definitely something to be wary of, but i'm not willing to jump off the storm just yet.

Unlikely with this bombing out and that track that the 850 line makes it that far inland - continue to think the I95 corridor and either side for 20 miles could have some mixing but the inland spots 20+ miles are looking like a very heavy snow event. I heard someone once say to get the best snows you need to smell the rain. I am growing confident that this will indeed be the biggest snow event of the season for NW Chester County

Unlikely with this bombing out and that track that the 850 line makes it that far inland - continue to think the I95 corridor and either side for 20 miles could have some mixing but the inland spots 20+ miles are looking like a very heavy snow event. I heard someone once say to get the best snows you need to smell the rain. I am growing confident that this will indeed be the biggest snow event of the season for NW Chester County

You're in a decent area but for myself once Philly changes to rain...I'm raining within a hour or so more often than not.

We are really going to have to pray for a major snow thump overnight Wednesday because we are staring at an ugly dryslot where precip shuts off for hours, temps warm and then when precip resumes its light and non-accumulating.

850 track is way too close for us along with the 500 track.......need everything to shift 50-100 miles SE in a hurry.....my guess is we are toast at 0z

Archived