joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential storm February 12-13 2014

famartin

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest Wxsim with 18z data with GFS/NAM for NW Chester County (unfortunately our weak American models continue to play catch up)

Snow arrives 1am temp 18.7

7am Heavy Snow temp 22.1 (4.0" so far)

10am S+ temp 25.1 (6.0") 

1pm S+ temp 28.0 (7.5")

2pm Snow begins to mix with IP temp 28.7

8pm IP/Snow mix 28.5

1030pm Snow/IP mix ends with 0.96" all frozen with around 8.5" of total Snow and Sleet accumulation

Predictions for tonight's 0z runs?   (NAM and GFS)

I say the warming trend continues..  since were stuck between Highs, and models usually intensify strong coastals a day or so before the event.

So yea, a stronger low....more inland track....and more rain.  

Maybe no more winter storm watches by morning.

(epic snow out here though) 

Latest Wxsim with 18z data with GFS/NAM for NW Chester County (unfortunately our weak American models continue to play catch up)

Snow arrives 1am temp 18.7

7am Heavy Snow temp 22.1 (4.0" so far)

10am S+ temp 25.1 (6.0") 

1pm S+ temp 28.0 (7.5")

2pm Snow begins to mix with IP temp 28.7

8pm IP/Snow mix 28.5

1030pm Snow/IP mix ends with 0.96" all frozen with around 8.5" of total Snow and Sleet accumulation

I'm uncertain about precip type but I feel good about the over on 0.96 qpf for you...

I know I am totally getting yelled at for this but the ocean temps off Del, OCMD and Jersey are at or near freezing. Usually when we get these Miller A or Bs part of the warm slug comes from an ocean sitting at or above 40 degrees. Given the serious cold this Winter and given every dynamic in this storm or dynamic degree counts.....doesn't an ocean at freezing suggest a colder moisture train at the lower levels?

I know I am totally getting yelled at for this but the ocean temps off Del, OCMD and Jersey are at or near freezing. Usually when we get these Miller A or Bs part of the warm slug comes from an ocean sitting at or above 40 degrees. Given the serious cold this Winter and given every dynamic in this storm or dynamic degree counts.....doesn't an ocean at freezing suggest a colder moisture train at the lower levels?

It's not the surface you need to worry about.

post-4151-0-89112100-1392166746_thumb.pn

Not quite that cold except right at the shoreline.

NAM steady as a rock! Slightly warmer as it looks like the 540 line briefly crosses the Delaware river so I guess some sleet will mix in but 850s look good for philly nw for the duration of the storm. Im hoping for the NAM to pull it off here in NE philly because everything else looks sloppy!

Archived