• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

UKMET actually bombs the low as it is going by... Brings a sub-996mb low just SE of the NY Bite, then 12 hours later is has a low 980's type cyclone just E of Maine.  Don't have access to thermal layout (of course) but taking blend of the others as a plausible template, probably would be a moderate cold rain/wet snow in the els, flipping to all snow and snowing hard for 4 or so hours with saturated 9::1 type blue paste. 

Thus run is robust, as was the 00z, and the track is dead nuts similar to the 00z run, showing really good continuity for a model that typically has less ...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hUh?  you are such a debbie sometimes, does not look bad at all. A day or two , looks like multiple chances with no major torch

I agree ...  not about the debbie -- the pattern that is.   Seems the 17th-19th signals is still there.  It's going to morph around quite a bit in future guidance for the usual causes of this time range, but so long as the PNA rise is there, western N/A heights would tend to correct up if/when they do, and that assists amplitude over the east as a general layout of probabilities.  

I agree ...  not about the debbie -- the pattern that is.   Seems the 17th-19th signals is still there.  It's going to morph around quite a bit in future guidance for the usual causes of this time range, but so long as the PNA rise is there, western N/A heights would tend to correct up if/when they do, and that assists amplitude over the east as a general layout of probabilities.  

I was kidding about the Debbie stuff,  looks like its a mixed up volatile period, at any rate I am pumped about how it looks inside day 6 at this point, the rest will be sorted out for the future, good skiing weather.

I haven't seen the ensemble members but I agree the EC looks good for interior southern New England with rain on the Cape and Islands if this solution were taken verbatim. I also agree that it could easily slip out with the continued more progressive pattern. If this solution came to pass it we would be grazed with around 2-4" on the upper end in my neck of the woods. In the wake of the storm a weak northern stream system adds light amounts, before a potential rainer ahead of the next cold shot Sat night into Sun.

Archived