Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western PA Weather II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by the radar loop, Butler county and north are just about finished with accumulating snow. Allegheny has another hour or two of light snow to go. I'm at about 1.5" right now, so sad to say even 3" will be a stretch for the city. Can we get an early spring now?

NOAA has not done a new discussion since 330 am ? Anxious to see what there thinking about this storm maybee redeveloping or getting stronger or anything they didn't see earlier to give us higher snow totals ?

Because NOAA actually forecasts what the storm will do, not wishcast so you can get more fake-model snow.

Stick a fork in this one.

Thanks for the update boss. , these people pop up on here like they have knowledge of what will be the end result. Bad attitudes because we may only get 3 inches instead of 6 or 8 makes me sick. Why are you here if you don't enjoy it ? If we bust low end try to figure out why that way next time you can be the one that gets it right.

In the North Hills here my snow has lightened up considerably. Over 1 mile visibility. Maybe working on 2 inches. GGEM brings the second batch to Allegheny/Washington County Line. I think like Thunderhead said earlier that maybe Bethel Park and south will see 1-2 from second batch while us north an inch or less if that.

Here is the message just put out by NWS Pit on facebook.

"No major changes made yet to the ongoing forecast as it is still uncertain just how far the frontal boundary that passed over the forecast area this morning will extend south....which would have a significant impact on overall snow totals today and tonight. We will do our best to keep you updated as the forecast evolves...and as always...we appreciate any reports you may have for us! Observations are always helpful and appreciated, but even more so during particularly challenging forecast scenarios. Thanks!"

Obviously NWS know way way more than me, but theres no way we reach warning criteria. We are hard pressed to hit advisory level at this point. So can I leave for good this time and return next winter or is mother nature gonna troll

Us with one more storm?

I just visited WPXI's Facebook page.  Yikes.  I feel for the TV mets who are likely getting all sorts of negative comments.

I thought back to how DeNardo handled the Presidents' Day Storm of 2003.  That storm started on a Sunday morning.  During the Friday evening news, he forecasted snow on Sunday-Monday but did *not* give a quantitative snowfall forecast.  He then made an unusual appearance on the Sunday morning news, calling for 9-12" I think.  However, to be fair, the decision on when to begin giving snowfall numbers today apparently is not left solely to the meteorologist.  JV posted recently that the decision is partly made by management and partly by the meteorologist/weathercaster.

And to think this is what was posted on Friday afternoon. :axe:

Sorry I had to do it. I guess it shows how quickly things can change..of course in this case for the worse.

euro 2:28.png

I'm used to seeing storms dissappear 5 days out. This one vanished less than 72 hous out. We went from over a foot to 3 inches very close to the event. Models showed a historic event.

I really thought on Friday that 6+ inches was a lock.

Can you help us out and link to the posts that guaranteed 12"+? I recall seeing none that made any guarantee.

I'm not posting it again, I did yesterday. When I posted my first map on Friday LG def ripped it and said Washington and South All county was getting 12"+ while Butler and Northern Allegheny was going to get 10-12"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the NAM was the winner with this storm, believe it or not.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once a day.

I guess it's no longer good to be bullseyed until 12 hours out.  Almost every global model dropped significantly south with less than 48 hours to go.  Not sure how all the major globals botched this one so bad.

Looks like the NAM was the winner with this storm, believe it or not.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once a day.

I guess it's no longer good to be bullseyed until 12 hours out.  Almost every global model dropped significantly south with less than 48 hours to go.  Not sure how all the major globals botched this one so bad.

What's been going on down your way ?

Archived