Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western PA Weather II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gfs,cmc,now euro ticks north. We are on fringe of 11 inches .attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dang that map is so frustrating! I feel like a broken record but if that could just come another 50 miles North most of us would be in the 6+ easy. Who knows, maybe it still will but its definitely been a South and East of Pittsburgh winter when it comes to several of the storms this year. All that heavy snow that was over most of PA just got shoved South by an ill timed vort rotating around the PV.

Anyways, some light snow falling now. Hopefully everyone enjoys what we get. Its possibly our last significant snowfall of the season.

I'm still wondering if there will be a monster storm before the pattern finally breaks for Spring. Not saying if there is it will hit us, but that's usually how these things end.

Surface wind streamlines

This is what you want to look at for storm direction type information. The west to east nature is very a-typical for a big storm here, and part of the problem. The progressive nature is in part what is keeping the second wave south. Generally, we see a prettty substantial bucking, a "negative tilt", and/closed circulation at this level. The latter is very important in our area with coastal storms as it prevents it from "getting away"

gfs_namer_009_500_vort_ht.gif

I know someone who works for the borough here in Bethel and they have been throwing sand instead of salt lately....I actually like the scene of a white covered street!....its really pounding here still....wish we could see something from that second wave but don't think we'll get any of that tonight....  :facepalm:

Just got an automated call from the mayor about a storm emergency.  

Archived