Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh/Western PA Weather II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS is north of the 18z run.

It isn't so much that it is north, it is that the first wave continues to be stronger. The second wave is still squashed.

That said, we get about .6 qpf here, and probably 15:1 rations. Maybe we can get a 6-10 event out of this after all?

It isn't so much that it is north, it is that the first wave continues to be stronger. The second wave is still squashed.

That said, we get about .6 qpf here, and probably 15:1 rations. Maybe we can get a 6-10 event out of this after all?

That is how I see it too. There is also a sharper cutoff on the 00z vs 18z to the North. Hopefully we get a couple more nudges North of that 6-10 inch precip. Its a fine line though, if it gets to strong we start to introduce mixing issues to the Southern areas.

That is how I see it too. There is also a sharper cutoff on the 00z vs 18z to the North. Hopefully we get a couple more nudges North of that 6-10 inch precip. Its a fine line though, if it gets to strong we start to introduce mixing issues to the Southern areas.

I'll apologize to the southern areas and say I don't care about their mixing lol. They have been crushed well this year. I feel like everywhere outside of where I live has seen a 6 inch storm this year lol. 20 miles to my north, south, west, and east have while I might have seen 5 once.

I don't understand who keep agreeing with this kPIT. Unless he has diffrent accounts , and he is multiple people and no one says anything to him Just keep agreeing with him. It's weird.

What? That was tough to understand. I just have hit a nerve earlier?

I'll apologize to the southern areas and say I don't care about their mixing lol. They have been crushed well this year. I feel like everywhere outside of where I live has seen a 6 inch storm this year lol. 20 miles to my north, south, west, and east have while I might have seen 5 once.

I'm no different in Bethel Park. I've either been fringed by everything this season or have seen mixing or changeover issues from some of the storms. And I get the mixing problems more than you guys to the north of me. I don't think I've seen more than 3 or 4 inches from any one event this season. Anyway, at least we still have a little hope for tomorrow and tomorrow night. We'll see what happens. 

@Verz: Snow total update...north I-80 2-4" (mainly tomorrow)...between I-80 and I-70 3-6"(core of area) south of I-70 6-9"...it ends before 12p mon

He's always low so thats probably good

He posted that right after I posted my map. Now I feel dirty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He posted that right after I posted my map. Now I feel dirty Sent from my iPhone

I think your map looks fairly good, but also feel like this is gonna bust hard for places north of Pittsburgh and around Pittsburgh.

Sucks we couldn't get one storm this year for everyone.

Looking at GGEM first waive fizzles out and 2nd waive cuts right through Allegheny Co and south.

My guess now would be 2-4 for areas north of the city and 3-6 south.

I hope I am wrong but this doesn't look like a big storm at least for the northern areas.

Sounded like it was going to be better than that per the cpa thread. That's about in line with the gfs then I guess. Just a different way of getting there. 

Sounded like it was going to be better than that per the cpa thread. That's about in line with the gfs then I guess. Just a different way of getting there. 

There is always the chance the precip comes a little farther north and we get more. It happened on one of the storms this year. It is all about watching the radar now and putting the models away.

At least we will have snow falling tomorrow either way.

Well just my luck, I'm out of town and the GFS shows a bullseye over my place.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm rooting for a last-minute northward jump.  I don't much care if it rains south of I-70 now.  Hopefully ya'll get something good!

I can't remember ever seeing a winter system in March being this suppressed.

There is always the chance the precip comes a little farther north and we get more. It happened on one of the storms this year. It is all about watching the radar now and putting the models away.

At least we will have snow falling tomorrow either way.

looks like we missed it by 75 miles.  C'est la vie!

Archived