• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

Those maps are pointless because they only run through hr 84 and that's when the heaviest banding is over us.

I don't know why I am diagnosing the 84 hour NAM, but there is a dry slot @ 700mb about to kick in after this panel. Best snows would occur outside the metro. 

It's an interesting solution, but I find it very hard to believe that we'll see a system as amped as this. Also, you guys shouldn't be so stoked for this soln. Temps are warm for the coast and do include some mixing. A compromise between the 12z ECM/00z NAM would still be interesting. 

I feel like I need a shower now.  :bag:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why I am diagnosing the 84 hour NAM, but there is a dry slop about to kick in after this panel. 

It's an interesting solution, but I find it very hard to believe that we'll see a system as amped as this. Also, you guys shouldn't be so stoked for this soln. Temps are warm for the coast and do include some mixing. 

I feel like I need a shower now.  :bag:

attachicon.giff84.gif

It's a given that the NAM won't be like this for now. IMO, I think that the SLP going from OBX to 75 miles east of ACY to 90 miles SE of MTP, LI is close to the final solution I have in mind. 

Yes very true, but also at 60 hrs, NAM is a bit more believable and reliable and it looks very promising in that position..

Great comment.  For storms that hit here, I typically stop taking the NAM seriously after out 48-60.  But I do like to see where it is in those earlier frames because it is more accurate.

Using that logic here, we'd be in for a heck of a storm!

I don't know why I am diagnosing the 84 hour NAM, but there is a dry slot @ 700mb about to kick in after this panel. Best snows would occur outside the metro.

It's an interesting solution, but I find it very hard to believe that we'll see a system as amped as this. Also, you guys shouldn't be so stoked for this soln. Temps are warm for the coast and do include some mixing. A compromise between the 12z ECM/00z NAM would still be interesting.

I feel like I need a shower now. :bag:

f84.gif

I don't live near the coast. Even though it's an outlier I would sign up for this any day and twice on Sunday. NW burbs JP.

It's nice to see the NAM on board with the big storm idea. Looks like the models are starting to converge on the idea of a big storm with high QPF amounts. No point in analyzing minor details at the this range, especially on the NAM. At this point I'm more worried about where the rain/snow line sets up rather than this one going out to sea or not strengthening enough. Someone is going to get a lot of snow out of this. I'd be concerned if I were east of I-95 about p-types. I'd be surprised if the GFS doesn't come on-board tonight. I like where we are at right now for I-95 and NW. 

I dont think models count snowpack as a factor but we would have more mixing than rain the NAM verbatim via low level cold air

I've always thought that to be way overrated. It could snow ridiculously heavy at 35 degrees and stick quickly if the right dynamics are in place and it snows heavily. It also can easily rain after being 10 degrees the day before with a 10-20" snowpack. As we know in our areas, things can change over very quickly

Might still be suffering from feedback issues-the low center should be further south at 84 based on the upper air presentation (extremely impressive BTW). NAM is also at its often overamped stage here-the trough looks to be bodily headed ENE at the run. Hopefully the rest of tonight's and tomorrow's model runs keep up the trend from today. Still a lot that can go wrong.

No model currently has a solid handle on this system attm. This could potentially be a beast and I am all in. Nam has a classic snow/sleet line over i95 during the height of the storm....seems whoever is just to the west of that feature makes out best. 0z will be telling!

Duno Ralph, Take a peak at the last 6 Euro ensemble runs and tell me the last time you saw a cluster that close .

They are all advertising a big time system now  the NAM  is inside OBX the Euro just outside IMO , I think that`s the difference that can keep it all snow .  

Archived