joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 850's are a touch warm for coastal areas but any storm that is wrapped up like that would crash the 850's to and off the coast. VERY dynamic storm the EURO is showing. The ensembles and control of the EURO have been consistently east of the OP so dont be too worried with this tucked solution. Aloft it is a very powerful storm that is going to be throwing tons of moisture into the cold air

The 850's are a touch warm for coastal areas but any storm that is wrapped up like that would crash the 850's to and off the coast. VERY dynamic storm the EURO is showing. The ensembles and control of the EURO have been consistently east of the OP so dont be too worried with this tucked solution. Aloft it is a very powerful storm that is going to be throwing tons of moisture into the cold air

Music to those snow loving ears. maybe this be 982 off mantauk?

It hugs the coast then slides underneath LI and ends up over the cape

Usually a storm that tracks just off the coast under LI hammers Jersey. I like it ! A wound up storm will be cold enough but has the chance to swap over to sleet for a bit mid flight and back to snow. I think this is the classic nor'easter we have been hoping for!

Don't forget this little nugget from this afternoon's AFD...

MODEL TEMP FIELDS AND GUIDANCE LIKELY TOO WARM IN A STRONG VERTICAL MOTION SCENARIO WITH EVAPORATIVE COOLING.

With a track like the 0z euro took, the coast and most of if mot all of nyc would change over..period. now I'm not saying that's the final outcome though

Don't forget this little nugget from this afternoon's AFD...

MODEL TEMP FIELDS AND GUIDANCE LIKELY TOO WARM IN A STRONG VERTICAL MOTION SCENARIO WITH EVAPORATIVE COOLING.

Yup. It seems like people on the boards are quick to hype up a change to rain in scenarios when a strong low is forecast to come close to the coast. I really can't remember the last time anyone west of the East River had to worry about a changeover to rain and sleet to a lesser extent with a vertically stacked low just off the NJ coast.  

Yup. It seems like people on the boards are quick to hype up a change to rain in scenarios when a strong low is forecast to come close to the coast. I really can't remember the last time anyone west of the East River had to worry about a changeover to rain and sleet to a lesser extent with a vertically stacked low just off the NJ coast.

It's literally on the coast of nj before heading ene or ne towards the cape according to the Euro. No one is hyping up a change to rain. People are just saying what the Euro shows verbatim. NYC is very borderline. Parts of nyc could stay snow on this run. Look at the soundings when they are out.

It's a dynamic bomb, actual temperatures are likely to be colder than shown with heavy wet snow. The models are often too warm with these setups and get colder as we get closer to the event.

I agree. If you take a blend of the models. It will track a 985-992mb low inside or near the BM. This can change. Let's see what tomorrow shows us.

It's literally on the coast of nj before heading ene or ne towards the cape according to the Euro. No one is hyping up a change to rain. People are just saying what the Euro shows verbatim. NYC is very borderline. Parts of nyc could stay snow on this run. Look at the soundings when they are out.

looks like there might be a big difference between places like EWR/TTN and NYC on this run 

Archived