joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the kicker, will likely nudge this further east too. Just showing why the ensemble mean is a little warm at 850mb 0C. It's not really based slp track the mean shows.

If not for the kicker, I'd be worried about a rain track for the coast, as the low looks to head north for a time before being shunted east. Hopefully the kicker isn't too strong, as that could deamplify the flow a little too much and weaken it at the upper levels. It would be awesome if we could keep a 500mb closed low as it comes through. Remember, 1/26/11 changed to rain/mix/dryslot from the city east and almost everyone still ended up well over a foot.

03z Srefs had .1 along 95 with a 1008 going outside the bm. 09z has .5 west of Phl-hpn and 1004 which looks to be going over the bm. Improvement.

Also the SREF mean is leaning heavily west.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=087ℑ=data%2Fsref%2F09%2Fsref_namer_087_mslp.gif&model=sref&area=namer&param=mslp&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=

03z Srefs had .1 along 95 with a 1008 going outside the bm. 09z has .5 west of Phl-hpn and 1004 which looks to be going over the bm. Improvement.

The members associated with the GFS will come west with time. The Euro ensembles are really what I'm paying attention to and their strong signal for a powerful storm for multiple runs now speaks much, much louder.

I would still urge plenty of caution in regards to expectations. This is a really fragile interaction and setup so the models are going to struggle to iron out the details of the eventual evolution both aloft and at the surface. We will need to see how the energy behaves after the phase, too, to see how the surface low develops along the coast. Lots of uncertainty still.

You  just don't need this to kiss AC . Or we get cooked for a while .  The dynamics would take over as the center is east of you.

You do want it 50 miles off the coast to be safe  . 

Even before a changeover if it happens for us, we get pounded, and then could get pounded again if the 500mb low stays closed. The heaviest amounts on 1/26/11 were where there was some dryslotting/mixing earlier in the day after the front end. The kicker is the real saving grace and could shift the low more NE in time for us.

You do a great job of PBP but you probably do not realize you are biased towards your area. I think that's what you need to do just mention objectively about all areas.

:lol:

I report what the model shows, not what I want it to show.

Well most posters on here are biased towards Long Island so I balance the scales some.

I do however try and mention all areas in the PBP.

Archived