12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 4-5th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised during my drive into work this morning at 5:30AM.  MBY in Fenton has more snow than Farmington Hills from this storm. :huh:   I have over 2" while there is a little over 1" here at work.

It has to be elevation related as MBY is ~1000'

Hopefully this these snow bands today will do well here today!

I was surprised during my drive into work this morning at 5:30AM.  MBY in Fenton has more snow than Farmington Hills from this storm. :huh:   I have over 2" while there is a little over 1" here at work.

yup. East side Macomb screw job warning in effect.

Crazy huh?  woke to easily 2.5" Pounding snow now. Might end up with 6" 

That would make sense as ratios have been crap at times and hire elevations would help a lot with the dry air and lack of dendric growth.

About 2.5" here in spite of it

You guys elevation has nothing to do with it i dont think. A heavier band set up for a time up there. Its absolutely pouring snow here right now so expecting a nice storm. Should be inch plus per hour rates for a while

I could see us getting 5-7" or so if stuff holds up. Very solid looking now.

Crazy huh?  woke to easily 2.5" Pounding snow now. Might end up with 6" 

I originally had '2.5' in my post but once I got to work I thought maybe I was just seeing things  :lol:

I was very surprised  ... I went to bed expecting to wake to an 1" or so.

I think 6" maybe just in reach for us if this ULL snow moves through.

I originally had '2.5' in my post but once I got to work I thought maybe I was just seeing things :lol:

I was very surprised ... I went to bed expecting to wake to an 1" or so.

If it pivots right when the L passes in nw oh someone could get obliterated for a time

You guys elevation has nothing to do with it i dont think. A heavier band set up for a time up there. Its absolutely pouring snow here right now so expecting a nice storm. Should be inch plus per hour rates for a while

I wonder if that band is elevation related.  Flint while north of me is about 300' lower and averages a good 10" or so less snow per year.

I originally had '2.5' in my post but once I got to work I thought maybe I was just seeing things  :lol:

I was very surprised  ... I went to bed expecting to wake to an 1" or so.

We had a nice band set up shop for about an hour that dropped a quick inch around Midnight and the radar looked like absolute crap went to bed. 

Was getting heavy dusty/fog but flakes are fattening up nicely

Apparently some brief freezing rain reports in Lenawee county? According to WDIV

When I was driving in to work at 5:30 AM the snow mixing with gruapel as I got to around Brighton.  You could here it hitting the windshield.  The snow was pure powered in Fenton.

It should not be doing it now that the rates have increased significantly.  Rates were average when I was driving in.

It's the same thing every year. Macomb gets screwed and band sets up in Northern Oakland

Archived