Toothache
February 4-5th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have got clocked here last night. Total is 9 inches here :o

Tim fail.

:D It seems like other parts of town reporting 7.5" but must have got some heavier bands here. My weather station data suggests a couple periods of 2"/hr rates or more around 4 and 6am.

Like I said last night, have to be patient and let the storm play out.  :arrowhead:

It was snowing pretty good when I went to bed last night around 2:30AM. LAF reported +SN at 3:41AM, and then quite a few mod snow reports as well overnight. Deformation snows definitely delivered. Awesomeness. 

You guys elevation has nothing to do with it i dont think. A heavier band set up for a time up there. Its absolutely pouring snow here right now so expecting a nice storm. Should be inch plus per hour rates for a while

Sure...

With almost every storm, a heavier band just so happens to set up in the areas with higher elevation. No correlation or causation there. :lol:

Rates of 1-2"/hr. Wheres powerball lol

I was out driving in it, lol. I'm well aware.

Wouldn't say best rates of the season, but definitely better than the early January storm. It's dendrites falling too, not that pixie dust crap. It's reminiscent of the storm in December 2012.

Unless its 3"/hr for 7 hours then it's still a B-

Powerball's BY area C+ winter

live.jpg?system=mdot&webid=15951&size=fu

Maybe a B- after today ... :gun:

Yeah, nice try...:lol:

But as far as that camera shot, I was probably one of the cars in it (I commute to/from Dearborn).

Well he just wants a big dog storm, which is understandable... the 20"+ storm?... ATM I give this winter an A- ( (-)  still waiting for that 18"+ storm) lol

Yep. Between the grinders and the lack of an epic snowstorm, I can't see myself giving this winter an "A." To me, an "A" implies this winter was perfect, and with that one missing element, it is not perfect.

If it was going to happen it will happen in March/April.  Now don't hold breath. 

Perhaps. Though honestly Chicago will probably see another GHD before Detroit sees its epic snowstorm.

Yep. Between the grinders and the lack of an epic snowstorm, I can't see myself giving this winter an "A." To me, an "A" implies this winter was perfect, and with that one missing element, it is not perfect.

So just out of curiosity...what grade do you foresee giving this winter. You have had everything except your big dog. Including insane rates you pined for (1/26 and 2/5) and epic snow depths. Plus...winter far from over. Who says we dont get an epic storm. This year it fits.

A+ in my book. When the record books get thrown in the fire and rewritten, its perfect. But thats me.

normally a 15 minute commute for the wife took about an hour and a half..."invent your own lane" mode in full effect

And "make your own parking spot" in effect too. My 30 minute commute turned into 50 minutes, which isn't real bad. Roads were bad though. 

Very thin band of LES hitting Racine currently.

Highest snowfall report in WI too.

0643 AM SNOW 2 WSW RACINE 42.72N 87.82W

02/05/2014 M5.7 INCH RACINE WI TRAINED SPOTTER

Like I said last night, have to be patient and let the storm play out.  :arrowhead:

It was snowing pretty good when I went to bed last night around 2:30AM. LAF reported +SN at 3:41AM, and then quite a few mod snow reports as well overnight. Deformation snows definitely delivered. Awesomeness. 

Last night definitely over achieved my expectations too. Especially after the dissappointing front end snow.

So just out of curiosity...what grade do you foresee giving this winter. You have had everything except your big dog. Including insane rates you pined for (1/26 and 2/5) and epic snow depths. Plus...winter far from over. Who says we dont get an epic storm. This year it fits.

Likely a B+ (there will be some who disagree, that's their perrogative). But as you said, there's still time.

Archived