• 12/10/13
    • 2/3/14
    • 2/8-9/14
    • 4/9/96
    • 2/89

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard and read a fair amount about March 2001, but was not here for that.

For the events I've lived in the area, I'd have to list the Boxing Day event, 12-26-2010 first, and the Noquester 3-6-2013 as second I think.  The January 2005 event would have to be up there, too, as I recall we were supposed to get 6-10", ended up with maybe 3-4 and some sleet before getting dry slotted.

(EDIT:  I had to LOL at the list of events which include some that are yet in the future!!)

You guys really thought you were getting a DC HECS in March?

It was the most excited I had ever been for a storm.  Kocin was on TWC... 15 to 25"....it was a balmy 60 something and I was in Giant and they were announcing to stock up for the blizzard!   I made a video that day....looked into the camera...then panned around outside and said look...this will all be different tomorrow!

Yeah.

It's the only storm where I honestly became distraught and depressed about.    I'll never do that **** again.  

It was the most excited I had ever been for a storm.  Kocin was on TWC... 15 to 25"....it was a balmy 60 something and I was in Giant and they were announcing to stock up for the blizzard!   I made a video that day....looked into the camera...then panned around outside and said look...this will all be different tomorrow!

Yeah.

It's the only storm where I honestly became distraught and depressed about.    I'll never do that **** again.  

I do remember this area was supposed to get crushed but don't remember the details.  In CT they closed the whole state the day it was supposed to begin and nothing really happened but it did come eventually just not super crazy.

It was the most excited I had ever been for a storm. Kocin was on TWC... 15 to 25"....it was a balmy 60 something and I was in Giant and they were announcing to stock up for the blizzard! I made a video that day....looked into the camera...then panned around outside and said look...this will all be different tomorrow!

Yeah.

It's the only storm where I honestly became distraught and depressed about. I'll never do that **** again.

I was depressed for 3 weeks. Then got laid off a month later...then broke up with girl

Yeah.

I called out of work sick on Monday and Tuesday.

Boxing day 2010 was the most painful for me personally.... I spent hours and hours each day tracking that storm, getting lured in by every silly run giving me a foot or more even up to Christmas morning, along with a WSW for 6-10". I should've known better and realized that we were on the fringe of seeing next to nothing, but I was way too invested and was in denial, hugging every run that gave me 6"+. Needless to say, I saw nothing more than hours of light flurries and a dusting, and had the worst meltdown in my history of posting on the boards. The 20 year old Fozz was f*cking annoying, but seeing the Carolinas, SE VA, Delmarva, as well as the 40N crowd all get blasted with a MECS while our region got screwed over was uniquely hideous.

3/6/13 sucked, but at least I saw a period of SN+ and a few inches, which was nowhere near the 8-12" I hoped for but better than nothing.

thank God I wasn't into weather in 2001 or else I would've cried

I still think 3-6-13 beats out march 2001 as worst bust ever. I was amazed on march 6 2013 how no one called bust until the event was half over.

Missing out on 8 inches of snow is very disappointing and painful for a snow lover.  Missing out on 24-36 inches of snow is demoralizing and the lowest point a snow lover will ever reach. No disrespect, but the two are not even in the same discussion.

Archived