joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS for 1/21 Coastal storm- The king of NW trends

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's what I am waiting on, from about Toms River south along the coast has missed out on any frontogenesis...hopefully still meet low end totals..

You'll do better in that situation.  Basically, you want to watch the 700mb frontogenesis on the SPC mesoanalysis for an idea on how that frontogenic band will set up.  One of the red taggers can explain far better than I can on the hows and the whys for that, but regardless--once that coastal gets kicking the eastern areas will get in on the fun.

The death band is dead, but its handiwork lives on.  Seems highly likely the highest storm totals will be in that narrow swath from far N DE, across Delaware County and Philly, into northwestern Burlco, far southern Bucks, southeastern Mercer and into Monmouth.

Now that the "death band" has died (well, it still has a pulse but it is not the monster it once was), it is time to see if the coastal will deliver or not.  I am looking through my weenie googles at the moment (they are kind of like beer goggles except instead of making all women hot, they make all radars amazing), but there does seem to be some expansion of the light to moderate snow coverage in the Philly area and to the southwest almost to DC.  Maybe that is the first hints of the coastal doing its thing.... or maybe it is more wishful thinking on my part.   

The death band is dead, but its handiwork lives on.  Seems highly likely the highest storm totals will be in that narrow swath from far N DE, across Delaware County and Philly, into northwestern Burlco, far southern Bucks, southeastern Mercer and into Monmouth.

ray 

what are your thoughts for res of the day?  storm end a lil earlier than originally thought?

Looks like SE Jersey may finally get in on the action over the next hour.  Here is to hoping we can get a death band of our own. :)

Depending on what the coastal does, a "death band" of your own is definitely on the table.  I wouldn't call it a sure thing or even a decent chance, but it is definitely in the realm of possibility. 

Archived