joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS for 1/21 Coastal storm- The king of NW trends

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pic from the backyard. Cell camera doesn't do the snow rate any justice but its pouring snow.

Where is your backyard? 

EDIT:  That came out more snippy than intended.  I just meant that you do not have your location with your screen name so there is no way of knowing where your picture was taken. 

Where is your backyard? 

EDIT:  That came out more snippy than intended.  I just meant that you do not have your location with your screen name so there is no way of knowing where your picture was taken.

Sorry ken im in NE philly. I guess im a little excited about the snow lol.

1pm Obs

East Nantmeal Township

Chester County PA

Snow so far 3.0"

Last hour 0.3"

Temp 18.3

Much lighter snow during past hour but radar does seem to be filling in and snow is picking up a bit again.That band to the south seems to be lifting North and West a bit so may see snows picking up a bit more over the next hour or so

4.2 inches of snow so far and it is RIPPING out there here in Morganville, NJ Monmouth County! This is awesome! High schools already closed for tomorrow. Just waiting for the elementary schools to close now.  Kids still not home from school yet.

edit: all schools closed now for tomorrow. just got the call.

I think he meant a tight region who get the heavy stuff and areas close by just somewhat moderate....check the radar.

He didn't really back off, just said that in the 9-16" band not everyone would see 16" just those with the best banding which is currently centered over I95.  This was never expected to be an area wide 12"+ event.

He didn't really back off, just said that in the 9-16" band not everyone would see 16" just those with the best banding which is currently centered over I95.  This was never expected to be an area wide 12"+ event.

that's what i figured.  when the range is 9-16, some people are getting 9, that isnt backing off.  thanks for the clarification (and for actually listening to what he said lol)

btw this was posted a lil while back, didnt see if someone posted it here

.DANGEROUS HEAVY SNOW BAND WILL AFFECT
BURLINGTON...CAMDEN...DELAWARE...GLOUCESTER...MONMOUTH...NORTH
CENTRAL CUMBERLAND...NORTHEASTERN CECIL...NORTHERN NEW
CASTLE...NORTHERN OCEAN...NORTHWESTERN
ATLANTIC...PHILADELPHIA...SALEM...SOUTHEASTERN BUCKS...SOUTHEASTERN
MONTGOMERY...SOUTHERN CHESTER...SOUTHERN MERCER AND SOUTHERN
MIDDLESEX COUNTIES...

AT 1220 PM EST...A DANGEROUS BAND OF HEAVY SNOW WAS ALONG THE
INTERSTATE 95 AND 295 CORRIDORS AND IS SHOWING LITTLE MOVEMENT.
SNOWFALL RATES HAVE INCREASED TO 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR UNDER THIS
BAND. THIS DANGEROUS BAND IS SHOWING LITTLE MOVEMENT.

True and I hope you're correct....watching Glenn now...said band moving N a bit....good for us N/W of Philly...looking out the window it has picked up. Radar has picked it up as well...winds definitely increased/lower clouds. 21.3 F here.  

Archived