joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS for 1/21 Coastal storm- The king of NW trends

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all of you in that intense band! I'm hoping it can expand northward a bit into Berks/Lehigh but the radar doesn't make me too excited about that. Been a light snow since about 8:00 just outside of Reading. Looks like an inch so far. Real small fine flakes. 16*

Pressures are falling rapidly off the NC/VA border.

Station 44014

NDBC
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:50:00 UTC

Winds: S (170°) at 15.5 kt gusting to 17.5 kt
Significant Wave Height: 5.2 ft
Dominant Wave Period: 6 sec
Mean Wave Direction: NNE (29°)
Atmospheric Pressure: 29.62 in and falling rapidly
Air Temperature: 58.6 F
Dew Point: 47.5 F
Water Temperature: 58.1 F

From MT Holly Under Special Weather Statement:...DEVELOPING HEAVIER SNOW BANDS WILL AFFECTCAMDEN...GLOUCESTER...OCEAN...SALEM...CUMBERLAND...MONMOUTH...MIDDLESEX...TALBOT...CAROLINE...KENT...NEW CASTLE...ATLANTIC...CECIL...BURLINGTON...QUEEN ANNE`S AND KENT COUNTIESINTO EARLIER THIS AFTERNOON...A DEVELOPING BAND OF SNOW COVERED PORTIONS OFATLANTIC...BURLINGTON...CAMDEN...CAROLINE...CECIL...CUMBERLAND...GLOUCESTER...KENT...MIDDLESEX...MONMOUTH...NEWCASTLE...OCEAN...QUEEN ANNE`S...SALEM AND TALBOT COUNTIES AT 1036 AMEST.  THE BAND ITSELF WILL PHYSICALLY MOVE LITTLE.THE SNOW WILL RAPIDLY DROP VISIBILITIES BELOW LESS THAN ONE MILEAND UNTREATED ROADWAYS WILL QUICKLY BECOME HAZARDOUS. SNOWFALL RATESOF AROUND AN INCH PER HOUR ARE LIKELY TO OCCUR. UNNECESSARYTRAVEL SHOULD BE POSTPONED.

Currently under the fringe of banding with intensity picking up with other bands coming out of SW NJ - Philly band keeps expanding!

anyone in kennett?  looks like that band is slooowly working its way east, wanna know what to expect...

Well, took this one about 10 minutes ago, measured 1" at 11:10, rates have picked up a good bit.

I'll take another measurement in 10 minutes and see how much in 30 minutes. I think we're under the 2nd band you were asking about.

post-9898-0-73014000-1390322028_thumb.jp

Well, took this one about 10 minutes ago, measured 1" at 11:10, rates have picked up a good bit.

I'll take another measurement in 10 minutes and see how much in 30 minutes. I think we're under the 2nd band you were asking about.

attachicon.gif1-21-14-a.jpg

yeah, that band has settled over us a bit, not as heavy as Rib's in NE Philly, but intensity has definitely picked up...King Street might be about to waive the white flag...

+SN here in Southeast Mont Co. Some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen outside of a squall.

This. I've seen this in lake effect squalls in Michigan, but never here. Once in a while some weenie will come on here and talk about how it is 'pouring' snow and I roll my eyes. It's eased up a little bit in Bryn Mawr but it was literally pouring a few minutes ago.

Not closing schools here was a pretty epicly bad decision. I can't start really enjoying this till I get the kids in the nest.

Archived