• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/21 Redeveloping Clipper Storm

DDweatherman

Matt you are not lol'ng at me anymore are you?.

I like to wait until verification before I start doing a snow dance....last 3 warnings I have a total of 1" cumulative...Plus as I said I dont care if 10" falls in Westminster or Bluemont VA or York Springs...Those are fantasy places to me like never-never land

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed seeing the words "heavy snow" in LWX's afternoon discussion.  

Source:  http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=LWX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Yes, very nice.  Almost had to do a double-take seeing those two words strung together for this area!

3/9/99, I got 12:1...ground truth the same...daytime storm starting around 8am - ending around 11pm.....temp 24-25.....This one wont be quite as wet, but I have to imagine, I will get better ratios on 1/20 than 3/9 even with similar temp profiles....that was a wetter storm coming from the west...I dont think it had canadian origin....This one will be more powder...14:1 should be reasonable

How this PJ s/w gets enough room between PV revolutions is beyond me! It truly is amazing timing and makes you wonder what is coming up next.

I like to wait until verification before I start doing a snow dance....last 3 warnings I have a total of 1" cumulative...Plus as I said I dont care if 10" falls in Westminster or Bluemont VA or York Springs...Those are fantasy places to me like never-never land

You are in the game for as much as 7 or 8", i think you will be very happy tomorrow night.

Come back tomorrow night and we will see who is right. And it does not necessarily have to be you. I said someone in our subforum.

you dont seem to understand....I never said it would or wouldnt happen...I was laughing at your boyish enthusiasm and hyperbole over one model run with no basis other than model addiction...again...I dont give a f-uck what happens in Manchester MD....i couldnt care less

Go here: http://weather.cod.edu/forecast/

Click on NAM, then 850mb and then choose "relative humidity." They plot streamlines on that image, so you can see the convergence zone/deformation zone working NW to SE. Someone in NE MD seems to get pivot action out of it. Also be sure to do this at the 700mb layer too. You'll see that zone is further to the NW, as usual.

Perfect.  Thank you!

How this PJ s/w gets enough room between PV revolutions is beyond me! It truly is amazing timing and makes you wonder what is coming up next.

yes...we did thread the needle a bit (assuming we verify)...And it does make the upcoming period more exciting than it looked just 36 hours ago

you dont seem to understand....I never said it would or wouldnt happen...I was laughing at your boyish enthusiasm and hyperbole over one model run with no basis other than model addiction...again...I dont give a f-uck what happens in Manchester MD....i couldnt care less

I totally understand what you meant, btw it was 4 very fine looking models  ;) .

We don't have to wonder we have you here to tell us.

lol... well I take no credit for this storm should you guys verify your predictions. In the LR, I was downplaying these PJ waves and focusing my attention on late month. Hats off to Bob etc. who saw the potential.

lol... well I take no credit for this storm should you guys verify your predictions. In the LR, I was downplaying these PJ waves and focusing my attention on late month. Hats off to Bob etc. who saw the potential.

You should do great on this one. You are in extreme SE PA correct?.

Go here: http://weather.cod.edu/forecast/

Click on NAM, then 850mb and then choose "relative humidity." They plot streamlines on that image, so you can see the convergence zone/deformation zone working NW to SE. Someone in NE MD seems to get pivot action out of it. Also be sure to do this at the 700mb layer too. You'll see that zone is further to the NW, as usual.

Neat site.  So much to see and learn.  Looking at the streamlines, is the convergence area denoted by non-paralell (meeting at angles) streamlines.  If so, looks like there is a pretty good zone out this way.

Archived