Newest Member
    Toothache
1/21 Redeveloping Clipper Storm

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15z SREFs PLUMES:

KIAD: When removing the top 3 and bottom 3 plumes, the mean is 12.9".  Highest plume is 22.5" and lowest is 0.7"

KDCA: When removing the top 3 and bottom 3 plumes, the mean is 12.5".  Highest plume is 23.2" and lowest is 0.3"

KBWI:  When removing the top 3 and bottom 3 plumes, the mean is 11.9".  Highest plume is 22.5" and lowest is 1.5" 

I believe it.

Every model or numerical model lacks unassailability. Except for the Euro, which fortunately has been rock solid consistent on this system for the last 8 runs.

People like to look at data points, doesn't mean they will happen verbatim.

Yea but those 2 specifically always run way to wet.

Here's what I'm taking from this: whether or not you think the SREF is overly robust, the bottom line is the trend from what Yoda has been posting is clearly UP.

Gethca popcorn ready! :-)

15z SREFs PLUMES:

KIAD: When removing the top 3 and bottom 3 plumes, the mean is 12.9". Highest plume is 22.5" and lowest is 0.7"

KDCA: When removing the top 3 and bottom 3 plumes, the mean is 12.5". Highest plume is 23.2" and lowest is 0.3"

KBWI: When removing the top 3 and bottom 3 plumes, the mean is 11.9". Highest plume is 22.5" and lowest is 1.5"

Been lurking and reading most of the day.  Great stuff, these trends in the past day have been remarkable!  One thing in particular that strikes me, and which a couple of people mentioned, is the model consistency on the overall evolution of this system and the QPF amounts.  That's very good to see.  This shouldn't be the March 5-6 storm all over again where things look great from a couple of model runs, then we have a huge bust; there was a lot more uncertainty going into that one as I recall.  Similarly, it should not be like the "second wave" storm back around December 10 which busted very low for most people and was very short lived (never really got going).  I'm optimistic about tomorrow, despite the near 60 degree temperatures today.  That Arctic front should be moving through and cool things off plenty before the snow starts tomorrow morning.  It's been awhile since we had a truly "cold" storm like this is shaping up to be.  I think people are going to be shocked as it gets very cold by late day tomorrow, after being outside today.

Here's hoping I can give the Canon Rebel a nice workout tomorrow with some great snow pix!! :snowing:

Archived