northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been on a bad streak of busting high lately, including yesterday. Time to get back to basics. You should do better than me if it makes you feel better.

starting with zzzzz and working your way up from there has proven to be absolute gold for you this season...

I busted with calls too high frequently this winter myself

2 to 4 seems a safe bet for this system imo

Its ****ing sweet!!

:thumbsup:

I will say I am quite surprised...looking at this mornings coop table, almost all reports in the area range from 1-2.5" through 8am. Knowing some of the usual suspects (ie lazy coops) I was totally expecting to see ridiculous reports of either T or 6", depending where the snowboard was in relation to this ridiculous wind :lol:

I will say I am quite surprised...looking at this mornings coop table, almost all reports in the area range from 1-2.5" through 8am. Knowing some of the usual suspects (ie lazy coops) I was totally expecting to see ridiculous reports of either T or 6", depending where the snowboard was in relation to this ridiculous wind :lol:

Massive Flakes with wideout conditions. This will drop over 1" easily.

Would be nice if it could keep itself together over Toronto, but I'm sure it will break apart by then.

Nice bands in Indiana with the front right now.

Locals will know what I'm talking about it...but the stretch on Creasy between the Pavilions and McCarty is a rough ride with the blowing snow. Last two evening's I've had near whiteout conditions driving it home...and this morning was no cup of tea either.   

Ended up with 0.4" at ORD and 0.8" here with the wave yesterday/last night.

Not too big a deal and I could be wrong but this could've been a third instance where a few tenths may have been missed there because I'm assuming the next measurement after 6z was not taken until 12z, even though you're supposed to measure whenever the accumulating snow officially stops and not wait for the full 6 hours. I think it also may have happened in mid January with a WAA band (only a trace reported) and with the 12/21-12/22 event (only a trace).

Gives us here in CMH some love at 45 hours!

If it's right, it certainly gets stronger as it passes east of here. Hopefully you guys get it good. :)

And on another note, brief shut down on I-65, just north of here this morning. Jack-knifed semi blocking the road...state police attend to it...and then another semi comes along and hits the cruiser. Thankfully, no injuries reported. But these a$$holes need to slow the hell down. It's getting old.  :axe:

Pretty sweet. Blue sky one min, next its pouring. Looked like a tstorm about to roll in with how dark the clouds were. Coolest part was as I was driving west on 59, you could see in the distance the pouring snow up in the clouds about 1/4 mile ahead.

Yea it was like a wall of snow. Then in a minute it turned into blizzard. Really cool 30 min of snowfall. 

Not too big a deal and I could be wrong but this could've been a third instance where a few tenths may have been missed there because I'm assuming the next measurement after 6z was not taken until 12z, even though you're supposed to measure whenever the accumulating snow officially stops and not wait for the full 6 hours. I think it also may have happened in mid January with a WAA band (only a trace reported) and with the 12/21-12/22 event (only a trace).

I thought it was a few tenths too low, but not enough for me to complain this time.

Though when you add all of it up, it's several inches missing.

I thought I was a few tents too low, but not enough for me to complain this time.

Though when you add all of it up, it's several inches missing.

Exactly what I was thinking, individually not a big deal, but then when it comes to chasing records, becomes more important. The missing snow on 1/1 looms larger too, though the head of the ORD observers mentioned to us when thoroughly checking snow depth after that event that he thinks that day may have only been lowballed by up to 1-1.5". He did say that the 6 hour amounts reported seemed low compared to the liquid amounts.

Archived