Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/2/14-1/3/14 SnowStorm Observations

anthonyweather

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phase came earlier than expected, but the 12/26 storm set up was similar, so this really shouldn't be a surprise. Oh, CC Philly getting crushed with moderate to heavy snow. Seems we have been in the best bands passing through.

Hope everyone is happy. Today, all are winners.

About 5.5" in my backyard.  Dog and I took a long walk for almost two hours and went from 2.5 to 5.5" during the walk.  Pretty good rates and wind is starting to kick up some.  Really quite beautiful around the lighthouse and state park.  The look of the heavy snow in the lighthouse beam is one of my favorite all time snow images.  Took pictures but did no justice at all.

Wow it is cold out.  Just took my talents outside, wind is starting to pick up, coldness is definitely a factor.  Taking my gloves off for just a couple minutes and they would start hurting.

Snowing moderately+ now.  Did some shoveling, but progress was largely erased.

16F, 5.25"

Pics of course - apologies for potato quality:

[this was any pic taken with a flash]

3_zpsd5826733.png

[likewise as above]

4_zpsb10242f0.png

[closest streetlight, still difficult to see snowfall rates - at least on my camera]

1_zps27c6cef2.png

[obligatory artsy shot]

2_zpse8ef22b8.png

6.3" as of 1am ABE - the latest measurement on the snowboard ranged from 3.6" to 4.3" since 7pm with 3.7" being the most consistent measurement.  So 3.7" was the official measurement from 7pm -1am.  Lots of blowing and the snow is very light and fluffy.

Totally off on the latest PNA from a trained spotter...

LEHIGH COUNTY...

NORTH WHITEHALL TWP 5.5 1006 PM 1/02 PUBLIC

HEIDELBERG TWP 3.8 925 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

NEW TRIPOLI 3.5 1000 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

WHITEHALL TWP 3.5 800 PM 1/02 PUBLIC

ALLENTOWN AIRPORT 3.3 1200 AM 1/03 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 S ALLENTOWN 3.3 825 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

5.5 inches at 1:15 am, wind picking up nicely (from the North now), snow blowing around, still moderate rates I would say. Temperature is dropping fast.... 18 degrees now.

Went out for a ride with my son, he wants to teach me left foot braking (rally style), we had some fun in a parking lot :lmao: . Some drifting snow in a few places.

A beautiful night, starting to feel stormy out there!

Archived