e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Big Snow threat, what will it do, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like NE CT usually does well with a set up like this, hopefully us west of the river can get in on the fun too, Ryan makes me nervous lol.... at this point tho any snow is good snow

I try to focus on what will go right..but there's just as many who like to focus on what can go wrong..titty for tatty

You may get a bit of upslope there against the Litchfield Hills with this flow.. 

One of the bizarre things I see with any of the maps posted is they always have these ranges that have the low end of one range picking up from the high end of the last.   Obviously, there's an area between those that can easiliy fall within either range.  Makes it a lot more reasonable,(and I think realstic) for example, to have a map with arange that goes 3-5 that borders one that goes 4-8 that borders one that goes 6-10.

For a storm like this, Yes for sure.  This is a text book storm for that situation.  It's currently a firehose storm so it could be all over the place.  

"No Mom!  We're in the 4-6 Range NOT the 6-8 Range!  Ugh.  Read the map!  So I'm going out cause it'll be safe."   Lol    

Is the flow similiar to a much weaker version of 92' noreaster

What i mean is would similiar areas be highlighted for enhancement and downslooing as well.

Looks like highlands west of albany , e slope could get bomb'd. Then n orh hills as well as e mass down toward pym county (perhaps Bristol? As well)

What i mean is would similiar areas be highlighted for enhancement and downslooing as well.

Looks like highlands west of albany , e slope could get bomb'd. Then n orh hills as well as e mass down toward pym county (perhaps Bristol? As well)

The valleys won't be screwed as badly because while we have the easterly flow, the air mass is not at all marginal, unlike that event.

HUGE diff.

No not at all...this is nothing like those types of storms because the flow was closed off easterly all the way up to 200mb in that. Just a firehose out of the east....the low levels are even more northeast (and eventually N and NNE) in this one versus ENE in those storms and the velocity is not nearly as strong.

No not at all...this is nothing like those types of storms because the flow was closed off easterly all the way up to 200mb in that. Just a firehose out of the east....the low levels are even more northeast (and eventually N and NNE) in this one versus ENE in those storms and the velocity is not nearly as strong.

E slopes of the ORH hills should do well.

Just send him off on one of pickles weekly weenie trips if all else fails :lol:

Ill take the tot tubing. Awesome place is this hill off route 9 as you cross into orh and make a right up this road past an office park. Its about 840-850' at the top and has some nice long hills. Prob 100 foot worth of vertical.

Archived