joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early January Major/Potential Record Cold

Hoosier

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The diurnal swing today is going to be insane for some of the eastern Ohio sites. KCAK and KYNG were in the mid 40s after midnight and will likely be near -10 tonight. Might even be able to sneak in a 60 degree calendar day spread.

19z RAP gets us down to under 20 below tonight and it looks like the HRRR is heading that way.  This is with winds dropping off to around 10 kts.  I know the HRRR was a bit too cold last night but not sure about the RAP. 

The RAP was too cold as well. The runs at this time yesterday it had -20's down into C. IL for this morning, which obviously didn't happen.

Signs my builder put in quality windows, they are condensing and freezing on the inside...

I think almost everyone gets this to some extent.  My brother's almost brand new home was getting it bad a few years back until he put in a ERV/HRV...it basically brings in fresh air while warming it with the air that its pulling out of the house...  they aren't cheap and the air inside the house is super dry this time of year.  They say they feel like lizards.   At my house, anytime we drop below zero i would get it.  I put on storm windows this fall and those windows don't get any.

Archived