e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 2 - 3 Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The N stream is just a few hours behind so it never really gets going. Signal is still there...I wouldn't worry too much about this run.

These are the changes aloft that I have been mentioning will occur...and this should be verify what a few of us were saying earlier...that it's way too early to talk amounts or any specifics like that. Too many variables and potential changes. 

hr 117 gets going for nyc-sne…..sucker hole is central nj and southern nj….sne going to get crushed…we need development further south

It's not necessarily about it being farther south. Look at the backside of the main trough at 120 hours..all the northern stream energy  is soaring south and east but the lead fort barely escaped over New England already. It's just a few hours off with the phasing and the sooner that northern stream energy comes in, the sooner the surface low starts rapidly deepening and the sooner we see the cyclonic development. GFS is just a little sloppy...but we've seen this before..

It's not necessarily about it being farther south. Look at the backside of the main trough at 120 hours..all the northern stream energy  is soaring south and east but the lead fort barely escaped over New England already. It's just a few hours off with the phasing and the sooner that northern stream energy comes in, the sooner the surface low starts rapidly deepening and the sooner we see the cyclonic development. GFS is just a little sloppy...but we've seen this before..

thanks john….hopefully the euro holds serve, wonder if this turns into a colder version of feb 2013

It's not necessarily about it being farther south. Look at the backside of the main trough at 120 hours..all the northern stream energy is soaring south and east but the lead fort barely escaped over New England already. It's just a few hours off with the phasing and the sooner that northern stream energy comes in, the sooner the surface low starts rapidly deepening and the sooner we see the cyclonic development. GFS is just a little sloppy...but we've seen this before..

Tommorow if the EURO and especially monday keeps on trending to a amped up miller B that delivers a solution for NJ up the coast which requires that few hours earlier phase like you stated earlier ill be on this storms train. The GFS is known for sniffing a storm out in the LR and then sniffing something else that makes it go dumb, the EURO has been consistent so far. However, i will say the 0z have ever so slightly improved from 12z/18z so were not far off at all for this being atleast a MECS

That's the problem with Miller B's, someone's gonna get the shaft, but there's plenty of time left.

DT always says "someone always screws the pooch" with Miller Bs, often times its that ACY-TTN corridor too.  One thing that worries me tonight is not seeing the NAM be overly amped at 84 hours, its definitely sharper at 500mb than the GFS but the fact its only marginally so makes me think the flat solutions are still very possible.

Throwing out numbers at this juncture is irresponsible. Can't say whether this has KU potential yet.

That's true.  All we can say from looking at the 00Z GFS is that it paints an extended period of light snow over the NYC area starting four days from now.  Temps also look good and below 32F.  

Archived