• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Pattern Discussion

NorthArlington101

yep. Good luck with this one bro. Its awesome when the entire snowstorm occurs with temps above freezing during the daytime

the low transfers on top of me and explodes before jackpoting me with precip. who cares if temps are above freezing man. this is the real deal. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dynamics and thundersnow with this setup. Not totally kidding. This is the kind of setup that bombs and pounds. But it's flawed like a mofo so I remain skeptical.

A little more dig and separation from the low to the north and all bets are off. Nothing better to do right now anyways except track the flawed vort with little support from other models. . 

this is the 3rd cousin of the Jan 26,2011 storm. Not a big fan of low pressuring developing over DT for our storm! dig baby dig

Looks totally realistic. Apply the se bias to precip maxes and you will be buried in mashed potatoes. 

attachicon.gifgfssno.JPG

After ignoring lessons from VortPass 101 last time I'm not writing this one off yet.  It's definitely tricky... but I think almost every storm around here is.  

After ignoring lessons from VortPass 101 last time I'm not writing this one off yet.  It's definitely tricky... but I think almost every storm around here is.  

It's really all we have tbh. The northern storm is a big flaw. The more disconnected they can be the better off we are. If that stupid low to the north wasn't there we would be pretty stoked right now. 

If the euro moves toward the gfs @ h5 then it gets more interesting. Right now it's fantasy eye candy. 

If the gfs has h5 right then things can get interesting in a hurry.

It's really all we have tbh. The northern storm is a big flaw. The more disconnected they can be the better off we are. If that stupid low to the north wasn't there we would be pretty stoked right now.

If the euro moves toward the gfs @ h5 then it gets more interesting. Right now it's fantasy eye candy.

If the gfs has h5 right then things can get interesting in a hurry.

Seems close to being a whole lot more.

The euro can't be terrible for Wed is it?

Of course I'm looking at maps that look like cave man drawings.

Weak low... 1010 L near RDU at 120 to NE of BOS by about 200-300 miles at 144 at 1002... looks like its moving NE or ENE... prob would come off the coast near Norfolk... 850s are cold enough... -4 to -6 at 120 to -10 at 144... but thats all I can see

Weak low... 1010 L near RDU at 120 to NE of BOS by about 200-300 miles at 144 at 1002... looks like its moving NE or ENE... prob would come off the coast near Norfolk... 850s are cold enough... -4 to -6 at 120 to -10 at 144... but thats all I can see

That's all I get as well. 500 trough looks ok but its shape is all I see.

Euro looks very much like the gfs. 1008 off the mouth of the bay tracking the coast. Good precip max 95 corridor. Surface above freezing but mid-low 30's. 

I'm starting a thread...

ETA: surface low looks to develop a bit south of the gfs. VA/NC border...

Yeah, I believe it is over C NC when it develops... good precip as in .3 to .5 or so?

Euro looks very much like the gfs. 1008 off the mouth of the bay tracking the coast. Good precip max 95 corridor. Surface above freezing but mid-low 30's.

I'm starting a thread...

ETA: surface low looks to develop a bit south of the gfs. VA/NC border...

What does it look like for us 81'ers.

What does it look like for us 81'ers.

pretty light as you get that far west but who cares. being on the nw side of a developing low like this can get the job done for all of us. Right now it's a 95 special. That will change or disappear and come back and disappear again. Feel pretty good now. Euro/GFS very similar now. 

BTW, SLGT risk of severe in S MD tomorrow Ian... I-95 has 5% demarcation line ;)

Already meh'ed in obs thread

My early call on this one is a Winchester to mapgirl jackpot after a few days of worrying about being fringed. Followed by Ji complaining DCA got .8 while he has 6" on the ground.

next winter = rockin

attachicon.gifBdotsvRCQAAv6wa.png

or 97-98 

97-98 had an awesome storm track, coastal after coastal that winter, we just had no cold air at all.  The higher elevations from WV into PA actually did great that year, I was at PSU Hazleton and we had 3 or 4 big snows that winter where it was 32 and puking wet snow but just cold rain outside the higher elevations.  I would take my chances with that setup again anytime and just hope for a bit more cold air to be around next time.  I don't think the Nino alone was the problem that year, plus that nino was raging out of control, I doubt this gets to that level. 

Archived