joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2014 pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't anyone remember 1week January thaws? wtf messenger? Whatever you're putting on your lawn...don't let your kids near it. They'll be 11 foot adults.

Do you recall many years where we got the rains after snowstorms, accompanied by thaws?

Seems a bit different this year.     The thaw has not been overly warm imho, although there have certainly been warm days.  The rains have been the bugger to me

Definitely. But for now, I don't have the bummer feeling like I did in years past....probably because of what I see going forward and what I've had already. I'm content.

I can completely agree with you. I used to come on here despite the pattern and post a lot whether we had a se ridge or a -nao. Now when the pattern sucks I put the blinders on for the most part. Easier to put on the blinders this winter as I believe it has been very good so far for us.

You seriously mowed?   I did step outside and it was nice... very springlike... but mowing? Wow.  My lawn would be a disaster to mow right now if it needed it... the parts that thawed would be mud if I went over it, and other parts are frozen.  Almost no snow, though. 

Bully for you!

Yeah gave a full mow job aside of the area nearest the back woods where the tree frogs overwinter.  I'm eco-friendly...didn't want to disturb them.  Took 6 bags of clippings.

LOL and I'm sure you got tanned from the high sun angle. Congrats on living in the Bahamas.

Just a gorgeous rose colored cheek day.  I can feel the sun I got....mowed in a t-shirt. 

He'll have parrots at the bird feeder tomorrow while Ray is ripping nickle sized aggregates

My feeders are anti-parrot. 

On the left you can see my neighbors side lawn....fully treated and professionally maintained.  On the right you can see my lawn, treated only twice a year but meticulously maintained.   It really does look great with a fresh mowing....this may become an annual tradition.

Leon can bite me, I just mowed.   Never got the end of year mowing in.  Gorgeous late winter day with highs in the mid 40s and full sun.

This should provide a more level surface for the incoming blizzards.

No joke...really did just do a full mowing, first of 2014.

What were you in a copter taking that?

Archived