mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
December 21-22nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My God, if the GGEM holds true. I can hear it already. The Christmas Ice Storm... 1-3" of ice on everything. That would be devastating for many.

I think the threat for an ice storm here or near is VERY real. I'm starting to get a little concerned actually. This system means business, and for what's advertised, we wouldn't forget it.

My God, if the GGEM holds true. I can hear it already. The Christmas Ice Storm... 1-3" of ice on everything. That would be devastating for many.

I think the threat for an ice storm here or near is VERY real. I'm starting to get a little concerned actually. This system means business, and for what's advertised, we wouldn't forget it.

I'm very worried. Not only do I have travel plans on the Monday, but I also have an exam. 

GEM isn't as deep or as far NW with track of the sfc low though

I do agree about the low placement but the precip shields are pretty similar. It's always hard to place the SLP on the GEM maps - on this one it looks like the SLP is up near Green Bay.

Next 24 hours will be fun as we close in on a solution. My .02 is that we'll end up somewhere between what the 12z GFS is showing and what the Euro has been showing fairly consistently for the last few days.

I'm very worried. Not only do I have travel plans on the Monday, but I also have an exam. 

Back in late 80's to mid  90's traveled back and forth Toronto to Montreal for school etc...

So often big ice storm was forecast and Toronto would be 0.5 degree rain when i left. The ice started Trenton / Belleville and eastward usually.

If some of there models came to fruition it would be a rare event for T.O.

Archived