e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 21-22nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although this is a big blow to the EURO, GFS was equally atrocious with its strung out POS, main QPF axis through OH/PA, mostly flurries on the NW side depiction. If today's 12z runs end up being correct, I'd call it a tie for accuracy between the two. More venom obviously is going to be spewed at the EURO cause that was the model that was showing the blizzard. 

Although this is a big blow to the EURO, GFS was equally atrocious with its strung out POS, main QPF axis through OH/PA, mostly flurries on the NW side depiction. If today's 12z runs end up being correct, I'd call it a tie for accuracy between the two. More venom obviously is going to be spewed at the EURO cause that was the model that was showing the blizzard. 

This one has a long way to go, most of us look too far south/east but i'm sure a few more surprises are on deck

No. It has a lot of freezing rain to start but then looks like it goes over to rain. Track of the low looks like the GFS.

I think there's still a fair bit of ice. It'd likely go over to rain at some point. No (or very little) snow though.

That's really odd given that on the accuweather Canada forums, someone has posted a 12z Euro snow map which shows 14 inches of snow in Toronto accumulating between today and the end of the day Sunday.

That's really odd given that on the accuweather Canada forums, someone has posted a 12z Euro snow map which shows 14 inches of snow in Toronto accumulating between today and the end of the day Sunday.

1) it's cold enough for snow with Friday's system, so there's several inches from that.

2) If it's a wx bell map, PL and ZR are indicated as snow.

And...the King is dead.

At least for White Christmas prospects here in Chicago.

We make it sound like the Euro was showing a suppressed system this whole time. In the grand scheme of things, 4+ days out, It didn't move by that much... A little ridiculous to call a model dead, IMO

Another edition of straw grasping time: more on the "bad 12z intake" theory. If this much warmer solution is actually viable, wouldn't at least some of the EURO ensembles have picked up on it?

Well it will be interesting to see what the 12z Euro Ensembles show..Their are few things that need to be monitored. The strength of the HP will determine how much low level cold air can work into this storm.

When will this storm become fully sampled? 

Archived