joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19-20th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate to heavy rain here for about 20 minutes. 32F though, not quite enough for freezing rain, although theres a lot of water around which could freeze up quick if temps drop over night.

EDIT: My mercury thermometer is now showing just below freezing at 31F, so anything else that falls tonight should ice up.

Wow what a difference going on throughout the region. Im still sitting at 1C and just mist/light rain. No icing or slippery spots here south of the QEW. If you guys don't mind, whereabouts are all of you in the GTA. I know Harrisale is dundas road region. It will be good to know during this event because I feel like GTA will have varrying degrees of temperatures/precipitation 

Wow what a difference going on throughout the region. Im still sitting at 1C and just mist/light rain. No icing or slippery spots here south of the QEW. If you guys don't mind, whereabouts are all of you in the GTA. I know Harrisale is dundas road region. It will be good to know during this event because I feel like GTA will have varrying degrees of temperatures/precipitation 

I'm currently in Forest Hill. Friend of mine reported massive icing issued and he's located at U of T downtown campus.

Good luck to you guys, seeing lots of reports about icing. I may have actually dodged a bullet it appears.  

I'm up in Vaughan. All the puddles have iced over. The roads and sidewalks are all covered in ice. Theirs been freezing rain for the past few hours. 

Stay safe everyone

Thunder reported in Grimsby, ON.

Nice.

In Hanover, we had periods of freezing rain on and off. The precip. around 11:00 am looked strange, between small snowflakes and rain. It was coming down as fast as rain but was white and dense (not ice pellets, sleet, etc.). As of a few hours ago, got some more freezing rain with the tops of cars being glazed and the snow. Will post until power goes out if and when. Can't believe this could be worse than April 12 2013. I had a feeling we were going to get another soon.

I'm near the intersection of McCowan and Steeles in north Scarborough, right on the border between Toronto and Markham.

Just got home. Temperature is -2.0 Celsius at my place. Sidewalks are a sheet of ice, ice has accumulated on tree branches.

Wow stay safe man! Keep flashlights, candles and such handy. Its the same for my region. My thermometer has a reading of -1.4C currently. Your area must be in a really cold sector currently, damn. Sidewalks, roadways and trees have a layer of ice on them. Almost fell like 5 times today. 

Wow stay safe man! Keep flashlights, candles and such handy. Its the same for my region. My thermometer has a reading of -1.4C currently. Your area must be in a really cold sector currently, damn. Sidewalks, roadways and trees have a layer of ice on them. Almost fell like 5 times today. 

I've often wondered if being close to the Rouge River Valley has an effect on my temperatures. Often I'm one of the coldest areas of the city of Toronto in the winter.

You guys are a bit colder than me. I'm at 31F right now, not too thick a sheet yet but its been freezing drizzle the last hour. No radar returns but its accumulating slowly and in these very marginal freezing situations I think a freezing mist can be more effective for accretion.

Went for a walk, it was like strolling through a cloud, I was soaked. Tops of 15 story appartment buildings were not visible.

Not sure how much precip fell here, since some of the measured precip reported in my gauge came from the last of the melting snow in the gauge.  I'm guessing a tenth or so of rain, followed by around a tenth of glaze.  Basically a non-event here, but was enough to cause many issues on area roads.

Archived