Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 19-20th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sure would. You'd miss one of the most interesting storms of the year.

Is it a four hour flight from Edmonton?

Going from Edmonton to Toronto it's only 3 and change because of the jet stream.

It'll be interesting to see what the precipitation starts at in Toronto. It's RA or FZRA currently at London and Hamilton. Here, the 0c 850 line is cutting right through the city. Could go either way.

I'm pretty confident, despite this fluctuations, that we'll wet bulb below freezing after the pcpn starts. Dewpoint at YYZ = -1.7

Yeah temperatures are marginal. Will be interesting to see when the precip bands move in...and what sort of precip falls.

Gonna be a messy day tomorrow for your arrival back to the city. Stay safe man! :)

Driveway covered with ice, though many of the main roads were relatively safe and just wet.  Still, there were many risk-takers going at or over the speed limit.

I see it's down to 28° in Grafton, so more roads will become icy as it gets colder. Hovering at 33.5° here with fog/drizzle.

Pearson reporting -SN. Based on the traffic cams it's very wet and possibly mixed with rain. Not dropping visibilities much.

The weather station at UW has recorded 1.4mm of liquid in the last 1.25 hours. It's very light pixie dust type snow, but it's falling fast and it was enough to soak my jacket.

YYZ

http://climate.weather.gc.ca/climateData/dailydata_e.html?StationID=51459

YKZ

http://climate.weather.gc.ca/climateData/dailydata_e.html?StationID=4841

The nipher is a fail.  :axe:

YYZ with the remaining 12-14cm will still be a good 7-9cm behind YKZ which is common every winter.  :lmao:

Why even bring this up?

Back on topic...YYZ down to 0.2c at midnight. I'm thinking this band will move through quickly within the next couple of hours so I'm not sure how much accums. will be able to get out of it. 

Why even bring this up?

Back on topic...YYZ down to 0.2c at midnight. I'm thinking this band will move through quickly within the next couple of hours so I'm not sure how much accums. will be able to get out of it. 

Idk, the differences between both these stations intrigues me all the time. 

Yeah I have a nice coating everywhere. Sidewalks/roads are all covered. And its coming down nicely. 

Idk, the differences between both these stations intrigues me all the time. 

Yeah I have a nice coating everywhere. Sidewalks/roads are all covered. And its coming down nicely. 

I know it does. But you've made your point umpteen times.

Back edge of the snow racing rapidly to the NE. More convectivey looking returns upstream which makes me believe its RA/ZR.

Archived