joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19-20th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0Z GFS is interesting. Temperatures are borderline for the GTA. Mixing near the Lake but snow the further inland you go. Could be a nice 4-6" according to the GFS. It will be wet snow however, so the risk of trees and power lines falling is high. 

This first storm is looking quite good for Toronto as per the 0z GFS, particularly north of the 401.

Beware of mid-level warmth. Could be PL. I'll run the GFS soundings through BUFKIT when it comes out.

Beware of mid-level warmth. Could be PL. I'll run the GFS soundings through BUFKIT when it comes out.

That'll be great man. It will be interesting to see what the 0z UKIE/CMC and Euro show for this storm. Could be a nice surprise for some.

Hopefully the current snow pack will aide in keeping Low-level cold air hanging on so we dont see any rain or mixing. 

That'll be great man. It will be interesting to see what the 0z UKIE/CMC and Euro show for this storm. Could be a nice surprise for some.

Hopefully the current snow pack will aide in keeping Low-level cold air hanging on so we dont see any rain or mixing. 

GGEM now in the warm camp. But it ends everything with a burst of +SN Friday night.

Tough luck. Still have 2 days to sort this one out so lets hope temperatures stay cold enough for some wintry precip. The chances of a white Christmas are slowly dwindling..

I'd say they're still good. At worst it looks like a miserable cold rain on Sunday. We're talking temps just above freezing. Snowpack will probably compact to a 3" glacier, but I think it'll still be around.

And remember, that's the worst case scenario.

I'd say they're still good. At worst it looks like a miserable cold rain on Sunday. We're talking temps just above freezing. Snowpack will probably compact to a 3" glacier, but I think it'll still be around.

And remember, that's the worst case scenario.

Yeah I've been following the storm on Sunday and this one. This event will set the pavement for the Sunday storm. Depending how much the cold front can cool temperatures down prior to the "big" storm, will arguably determine if we can help feed in some colder air once the precip starts. 

The same concept can be applied with this. Temperatures are marginal so the chances of both snow and rain are 50/50. 

how much snow does toronto have on the ground now?

My area has about 8" on the ground and I'd say its the same for the rest of the GTA except for the areas near the Lake Shoreline which probably have a snow depth of about 10-12" because of the Lake effect snow last weekend. 

hbu? 

Property Law.

Wow nice program. I'm doing Accounting but I'm going to stick with the Financial part of Accounting. Once I'm done Accounting I'm probably going to purse Astronomy or perhaps Meteorology. 

From my look at the freebie maps, EURO may have actually gone colder with first storm.

Yeah it looks slightly cooler. Shows a mostly snow event 401 and North. 

Wow nice program. I'm doing Accounting but I'm going to stick with the Financial part of Accounting. Once I'm done Accounting I'm probably going to purse Astronomy or perhaps Meteorology. 

Yeah it looks slightly cooler. Shows a mostly snow event 401 and North. 

Taking accounting seems like a circuitous way to get to Meteorology. No?

Taking accounting seems like a circuitous way to get to Meteorology. No?

Well not really. I like the Office Environment so I chose Accounting and its good if i ever wanted to be a Book-keeper for a private company/business. If i want to do Meteorology or Astronomy I would need to do 3-4 years again. That way I have 2 degrees...

Well not really. I like the Office Environment so I chose Accounting and its good if i ever wanted to be a Book-keeper for a private company/business. If i want to do Meteorology or Astronomy I would need to do 3-4 years again. That way I have 2 degrees...

Fair enough. In a perpetually crappy economy like we have I guess it's best to have a diversified education.

Archived