Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 14-15 Winter Storm Part Two

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had it last Sunday also and instead we rose into the upper 30s.

This situation is a bit different in that there is already cold air in place and a strong surface high to the north -- the other event was post-frontal cold air advection and I don't think there was really a high up there...the other event had much warmer antecedent air than what we have today for tomorrow's event. 

The storm is well over by then, but it goes to show how bad the trends have been. 

agreed - im not a Met, but I was never excited in the slightest by this system. Its mid-december, warm ocean, marginal cold air with a primary cutting, h85 low way west of us and no block...this is a glorified SWFE which usually dont bode well for us in general. I wouldnt be shocked if this turned out to b a BRIEF period of frozen precip followed by rain (South shore of LI)

Rgem has an increase in snow. Nice run.

And you can generally add accumulation for LI/NYC/CNJ to its totals minus the Jersey for sure because for whatever reason it tends to think that area is an ocean, you can see its effect of that a bit in how it has a ton of snow for Groton vs. the north fork of LI where there can be a gradient but generally not that big.

News media is hyping this event. My gf just text me and said that the trains might be suspended due to the storm. Over 6 inches for nyc.

what a joke - well at least you know how certain elected officials got their ill advised and undeserving jobs....its really a joke. Close schools now for monday...suspend sanitation....no mail service for a week...hard working, motivated folks should stay home on monday and not venture out into this dangerous storm.

The only thing dangerous is the media.

what a joke - well at least you know how certain elected officials got their ill advised and undeserving jobs....its really a joke. Close schools now for monday...suspend sanitation....no mail service for a week...hard working, motivated folks should stay home on monday and not venture out into this dangerous storm.

The only thing dangerous is the media.

Unlike a couple years ago when they mentioned nothing about the coming xmas blizzard until the 11 pm news the night before. There was run after run of a monster storm and the hpc kept throwing out  and dis-regarding them...that was a disgrace...i know anthony remembers that well..

Archived