joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 14-15 Winter Storm Part Two

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see us not getting much at all during the day tomorrow-maybe an inch or less until the coastal stuff gets in here around sunset?

Yeah Storm At Sea and myself both referenced the sim radar for the NAM not looking great and the 12z SPC WRF had the same thing the HRRR now shows it's hard to say though after 16-17z with the overrunning what may happen, I think 20-01z may be when most accumulation is, Upton has 1/4SM +SN for all three airports starting at 21z but just 3-4 miles -SN before that

I'm right near Exit 46 on the parkway so not far from you at all.  (very northern part of the town of Fairfield)   I'd agree, 6 give or take.

How much did you end up with in the big blizzard last year...i measured about 34 inches but there was so much drifting it was difficult to be real accurate.

To be honest....let's think about it. I can EASILY see 4-6" of snow at least, around NYC/NE NJ....ahead of the heavy precip we still have several hours (maybe 5 or so) of light to moderate snow....falling into temps in the low 20s! That will be 2-3" before the heavy thump. If the heavy thump brings just a couple inches....it will still be 4-5"....if by chance if brings upwards of 5 inches somehow....we could see 6-8"....upton' forecast makes sense. We just aren't really thinking of anything except the storm during its peak and transitioning

Your thoughts are potentially flawed with the amount you are expecting during the daylight hours tomorrow.

Ouch this NAM run is going to stink. Much warmer. Barely any precip into NYC by 7pm !

that was my point above-doubt we get much during the day tomorrow-dry air has to be eaten up and the precip coming from the west is from the dying primary--it's the developing coastal precip that gets us later

Hah wow....this NAM run doesn't leave us feeling like we just missed....it's an inch or so of snow over to all rain with the low hugging the coast. The heavy snow band is set up not in our NW suburbs but WAY UP near saranac lake !

That's why we love the NAM. Consistency from run to run!

Rossi

Archived