earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going with warnings for the watch area and advisories elsewhere:

ALL AREAS THAT HAD A WINTER STORM WATCH WILL BE CONVERTED TO A
WINTER STORM WARNING...AND HAVE INCLUDED SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX COUNTY
IN THIS WARNING. HIGHEST SNOW/SLEET TOTALS WILL BE OVER THE NW
CORNER OF THE FORECAST AREA WHERE 8 TO 11 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

THE REST OF THE FORECAST AREA WILL BE UNDER AN ADVISORY FOR
NOW...HOWEVER...SOME OF THE ADVISORY ZONES BORDERING THE WARNING MAY
NEED TO BE UPGRADED TO A WARNING SINCE IT IS SUCH A CLOSE CALL...AND
A RELATIVELY SHARP GRADIENT IN SNOW/SLEET AMOUNTS IS EXPECTED.

ha ha ha Desperate huh?? I feel your pain my man! ha ha ha Let's take our 2 inches and run!

I agree , I thnk the lower end of Mt Holly for us is prob a good bet S of 78 , best we could hope for is a thump, and go , Good thing is if we get .40 inches of rain on top of 3 inches of snow at 35 F

The pack may eat up some of that water , so its not washed away .   Then u pray to be slotted .

I agree , I thnk the lower end of Mt Holly for us is prob a good bet S of 78 , best we could hope for is a thump, and go , Good thing is if we get .40 inches of rain on top of 3 inches of snow at 35 F

The pack may eat up some of that water , so its not washed away .   Then u pray to be slotted .

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. We'll still be in the mid 30's most likely so most of our pack should still be there come Sunday.  

That looks overdone. I could maybe see 4" for places on the North Shore like Syosset and over toward Smithtown. So I'd guess I'd say 2-4" for Long Island, but most places more like 2". This is a North and West storm, unfortunately.

The surface N of the LIE stay close to 0 c  and the warm air gets it out  at hr 36 , so they may get an xtra  3 hrs of Mod snow capable of putting down an xtra 2  on the n shore in  Nassau and Western Suffolk .

The 850 do race into central CT hr 36 plus  by that time the damage maybe done and 60  plus  perc ?  for them may b frozen .

I could see some spots there maxing out at 5 or so  .

That looks overdone. I could maybe see 4" for places on the North Shore like Syosset and over toward Smithtown. So I'd guess I'd say 2-4" for Long Island, but most places more like 2". This is a North and West storm, unfortunately.

yea... why they wouldn't just keep the 2-4 they had before,which may have been overdone a bit itself for places close to jfk

i have to think they really don't think those totals are likely since no watches or anything...

my updated point and click even mentions 0.1 of ice,which makes it even stranger

yea...just wonder why they wouldn't just keep the 2-4 they had before,which may have been overdone a bit itself for places close to jfk

i have to think they really don't think those totals are likely since no watches or anything...

my updated point and click even mentions 0.1 of ice,which makes it even stranger

Watches are going to be upgraded to warnings and advisories issued elsewhere shortly according to the discussion

On the 18z GFS, the surface torches... but at 6z Sunday, the 18z GFS has KNYC at 0.0 vs. 1.5 on the 12z...

Torches who ? N/S county and coastal NJ with 40 degrees  , yes once to the city and to the tpke out to 36 hrs its 0c and th 850 line is strung across the Bronx.

what are talking about ,  everyone else is below 0c

The reference to KNYC... I thought was clear. Apologies, if it was not. http://vortex.plymouth.edu/gifs/131213214924.gif

Torches who ? N/S county and coastal NJ with 40 degrees  , yes once to the city and to the tpke out to 36 hrs its 0c and th 850 line is strung across the Bronx.

what are talking about ,  everyone else is below 0c

gfs_t2m_east_11.png

At hr 30 the 0c line is strung from Islip down to just west of Asbury Park NJ and into SCNJ  , Hour 36 , we get above freezing  but prob just to the River and down through CNJ , but  by that time the front 2/3rds of the system maybe  frozen for a lot

as per the 18z - And im referring to pp  just S of 78 ,

gfs_t2m_east_11.png

At hr 30 the 0c line is strung from Islip down to just west of Asbury Park NJ and into SCNJ  , Hour 36 , we get above freezing  but prob just to the River and down through CNJ , but  by that time the front 2/3rds of the system maybe  frozen for a lot

as per the 18z - And im referring to pp  just S of 78 ,

Hopefully the GFS is finally coming back to reality temp-wise. Good to see it's getting colder for longer down by our region. Maybe we can hold onto frozen/snow until late evening.

Archived