joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Thanksgiving Event

strongwxnc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balloon Launch at UNC-Asheville that occurred 9 UTC (4:00 a.m.) Another launch should be about ready to take place.

Sounding looked very moist, and it appears by reports that there is heavy snow in Asheville.

sempe1314_iop1_snd01.png

Thats good. Hard to tell but that band of clouds stretching down the mountains into the ULL seems be to cooling. Could see that band fill in more between Ashville and Hickory as it heads out the mountains.

Radar trends look interesting for the piedmont of NC,SC later.

Continues to fill in the band out west around Hickory. As the trough axis progresses and pivots out of the mountains I think the band become better defined. But we shall see.

I'm in upstate, what do you mean by later? Is it showing more coming in this afternoon?

I'm in upstate, what do you mean by later? Is it showing more coming in this afternoon?

Later for the folks that haven't gotten anything yet.

But the more this band moves out of the mountains the more it should fill in. Which starting to see evidence of that between Asheville and Hickory.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=gsp&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Upstate SC snow is encouraging for those on the eastern edge of the NC escarpment. I still don't know about the Piedmont. However that comma head has slightly over-achieved the entire time. MS/AL snow was noted earlier in the thread. Some friends in Houston were bantering last night about sleet and snowflakes mixed in even down there! Same comma head approaching NC. Congrats to all that are enjoying snow. I'm OK with Chatt missing since I forecast that. Enjoy!

Awesome man! This list band is putting by down here in bostic. Will not last but sure is nice. Sitting at 37!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are getting it down on your end of the county Strong, Still coming down pretty good up here too. Looks like the end is near on the radar, but this is a great start for winter. Keep it coming.    :snowing:

Archived