Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2013-2014 Winter Sports discussion

Jonger

heading to fife lake area?

We aborted the trip, I wasn't too impressed with the totals for the drive... Plus, my cousins wife had to work unexpectedly, I'm hoping there is a sweet spot somewhere in the lower peninsula on Wednesday after round 2. At least yesterdays snow should provide a good base to start from, that Fife Lake area might be the spot with another 4-6 inches.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving around the area this morning it is amazing how many of the local small ponds are frozen...some of the larger ones still have small pickets of unfrozen parts....but as a whole, most are frozen over.  I didn't get out and test any of them, but ice skate sales should be higher this year then the last few years!

I was surprised at the amount of snowmobiles out and about already considering hunting season is still going on up here in northern MI. Was all over the place yesterday and the deepest snow I saw was west of Gaylord, about 8" or so out that way. Kids are bugging to get the snowmobiles out today so they can play in the snow. Second thanksgiving in a row with snow, more snow last year but more cold this year, way more cold!

single digit windchills and a few inches of snow expected for during the game on sunday at Green Bay...hoping that game is on TV here in Chicago...would be fun to watch....

Atlanta @ Green Bay .... you going to the game Joe?!?

looks like an inch and a half or so is still projected to fall during this game....not bad

single digit windchills and a few inches of snow expected for during the game on sunday at Green Bay...hoping that game is on TV here in Chicago...would be fun to watch....

Atlanta @ Green Bay .... you going to the game Joe?!?

Na, I'll pass on going to a game in GB in December.

I did ponder the idea though several weeks back.

*WOW* at the Lions game in Philadelphia.

When's the last time it snowed that hard during a football game?

Its the most I have ever seen during a game... There have been dozens of 2 or less inch games, but not many 4+ inch accumulations during regulation.

Well they just had someone go out and measure the deepest spot...which was almost definitely just some random unnatural pile from everyone running and sliding around.

Seems legit...

... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight EST

tonight... 

* snow and sleet accumulations... 5 to 12 inches.

* Ice accumulations... around a trace.

* Timing... periods of snow will mix with sleet late this afternoon

and evening. The precipitation will then change to rain during

the night. There should be some freezing rain for a brief time

during the transition period this evening.

* Impacts... hazardous travel due to snow covered and slippery 

roads.

* Visibilities... less than one mile at times into this evening.

* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to lower 30s, then slowly

rising tonight.

Precautionary/preparedness actions... 

A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet

and ice are expected or occurring. This will make travel very

hazardous or impossible.

Anyone in Michigan have an extra snowmobile for a trip up there? I'll pay lol, there is seriously nothing for winter activities at all around here at school and I have no garage or yard anymore and no place to really snowshoe so I see many trips to Brighton for this season coming

You ski at Mt. Brighton? That's 10 miles to my east.

I actually have a snowmobile up for sale right now... but it's pricy.

First tip for owning a snowmobile, get the trailer first, you will need it!

You ski at Mt. Brighton? That's 10 miles to my east. I actually have a snowmobile up for sale right now... but it's pricy. First tip for owning a snowmobile, get the trailer first, you will need it!

Ha I'll rent it off you for the day, can't really afford a snowmobile to purchase until I graduate college. But I have a truck and trailer in my shed at my parents so I have that covered. And yup my mother works in Northville so I'm up in Michigan all the time doing things

Archived