• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2013-2014 Winter Sports discussion

Jonger

We'll just got back from our last snowmobile ride of this great long season. We were up in the UP near White fish point over the long weekend playing in the snow, great way to spend Easter and close out the season. There was a ton of snow left up there, 2' on the flat and deeper then that in the woods. This picture is my son and I on the shore of Lake Superior at crisp point lighthouse. Lots of ice on the lakes up there for late April. We rode on a bunch of them, even superior for a bit. We put almost 150 miles on our snowmobiles with over 1/2 of them off trail boondocking. This was the 2nd Easter in a row that we spent snowmobiling only last year we were ridding down near our place at Higgins Lake.

Very nice.... 

If I was a single man, I would have been up there too.... I just powerwashed my sled and blasted some wax on it Sunday... Now we get this faux summer out of the way and get back on the horse!

How many other riders did you pass?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had 7 of us in our group and seen maybe 6 other sleds all weekend. What a great snowmobile season we just had here in MI. If i was a betting man, I would bet next season is going to kinda stink. I hope I'm wrong but it's not often we get great seasons like this back to back. Nature has a way of evenning things out over time. Plus I sno checked a new sled this spring so that pretty much assures us it's going to stink next season.

We had 7 of us in our group and seen maybe 6 other sleds all weekend. What a great snowmobile season we just had here in MI. If i was a betting man, I would bet next season is going to kinda stink. I hope I'm wrong but it's not often we get great seasons like this back to back. Nature has a way of evenning things out over time. Plus I sno checked a new sled this spring so that pretty much assures us it's going to stink next season.

El nino is brewing, so the deck is stacked. I told my riding partner about it and we agreed to spend more time in Canada if it happens. Usually the Wawa loop gets hammered in warm winters, they just stopped grooming yesterday.

We rented sleds in 2010-2011 to get back into the hobby after taking 10 years off, then bought some sleds in Oct 2011..... Then 2011-2012 winter happened... so I know what you mean.

El nino is brewing, so the deck is stacked. I told my riding partner about it and we agreed to spend more time in Canada if it happens. Usually the Wawa loop gets hammered in warm winters, they just stopped grooming yesterday.

We rented sleds in 2010-2011 to get back into the hobby after taking 10 years off, then bought some sleds in Oct 2011..... Then 2011-2012 winter happened... so I know what you mean.

next winter I could see anything happening (good or bad)...but it won't be another 2013-14.

Archived