joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why it's a fine line. It either tries to phase or the srn energy ejects out ahead of the nrn stream ad shoots it north, or nothing happens and it moves out to sea. Virtually impossible for a mostly snow event.

Going to be pretty tough getting this one to bomb in the right spot

Well, as the old adage goes, it's tough to get a snow with a preceding southwest flow.   If nothing else, it's bad karma.  But, this solution is enough unlike it's predecessors to assume this isn't final.  Need to get this inside D6 ...5 for the Euro's big wheel.

Is there any chance of this changing? Can we get a high to banana in from somewhere, ughh.

It's real early in the season and climo(temps) is not really on our side right now so you need a near perfect setup to pull these off.

Let's root for this thing to phase over the GL at this point!

The Euro solution is U-G-L-Y

so SNE isn't inland? My point is it's more likely to be ots given the progressive patt

Eh, it's only the nrn stream that is progressive. A little wiggle here and there could easily allow it north. I really don't know at this stage, but you have no blocking and a big ridge by Bermuda so this solution is plausible. Sometimes you won't get blizzards in November. It happens.

Well, time to come back, snow is coming. Amazing the massive difference between the OP GFS and Euro. I am at least thankful we have so much cold air around. Besides some rouge storms, I feel like it has been pretty warm Nov-Dec over the last several years. I am very optimistic for the next 2 weeks though. With the large amount of Arctic outbreaks and digging troughs, I think there will be plenty of surprises for snow, even if they are small. These super fast moving systems are tough to model, especially if they have late development.

Archived