• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Mid November Event

BullCityWx

Since 1890 at ATL: 24 Nov with Traces of snowfall; 3 with measurable: 1912 (2.2"). 1968: 1.0"; 1975: 0.6", So eight times as many nov trace totals as measurable. If I were a betting man, I'd be going with a trace right now at most due to the high uncertainties right now and considering climo.

Interesting that IF it has stuck, amounts have been impressive for ATL/Nov (all 0.6"+)!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the next frame it goes down to 7.8 degrees in lower NC apps..crazy to see a model even showing that inside 120hrs in November.

That is very cold for this time of the year. We never reached the single digits here in Haywood last year. We have already had a low of 14 degrees this October and I have a feeling if we can get some snow on the ground then that number is achievable.

I remember we got a dusting of snow here back in November 2008 (I think it was?).

It would be cool to see some flakes.  It's nice to just be having the discussion, regardless of whether it actually happens.  The mountains do look good, though.

Very meagor totals for the NC foothills. Frank Strait also pointed out it could just be virga outside of the mountains. Sure hope not.

You can bet some deranged folks like myself will be squinting into the street lights looking for any specks of snow, though. :D

While I love seeing that strong high heading right at Texas, which bodes well for winter (if that keeps up), that sucker is going to be very dry, and that paltry bit of precip showing on the maps is going to have a hard time being anything more than virga.  I sure would like to see that patch moisten up between now and Monday. It's like relying on a clipper...it'll make you cry nearly every time....at least in the parts of Ga. the Gfs shows getting precip.  Except maybe NeGa....and where is he?  He looks to be in the catbird seat again, if any moisture does find it's way to the ground.  Tony

Minnesota Meso on teleconnections: "You guys and gals on the east coast, a -PNA is not a death wish, it depends on how far west the mean trough is throughout the winter season. Just because we have a -PNA doesn't mean the trough is over land, it could be over the waters of the eastern Pacific. I know there is a east and west based NAO, I think it may be time for someone to introduce a west and east based PNA."

people need to stop worrying about accumulations, its snow in november and the models are showing it consistently...ENJOY IT!

I should have been more clear...its consistently gotten dryer on each run of every model to wonder if its anything more than virga outside of the mountains. Let's hope the EURO is wetter to see it fall.

still has snow for a good chunk of GA.

And much of inland E SC then gets a historic Nov. dump on 11/14 as a coastal winds up! 2-4"!! This looks eerily similar to 11/27/1912, when a further offshore coastal bombed and caused gales at Hatteras..

Insanity of the Doc continues. The 0Z Clown gives ATL to GSP ~2" of S, akin to the history making 2.2" of 11/27/1912 at ATL from a possibly somewhat similar upper level feature. Columbus to MCN to Aug. gets 1"!

The snow maps I'm using don't show it that far south in GA.  But... BUT... some have said the maps I'm using may have glitched snow algorithms.

And much of inland E SC then gets a historic Nov. dump on 11/14 as a coastal winds up! 2-4"!!

What service are you currently viewing?  Nothing like the maps I have. :(

EDIT: NVM i see the coastal dump. my lord.. MBY is screwed.. but the inland coast.. lolz wow

My maps are showing 9+" in some areas of the SC coast.. this can't be right..

lolwtf.jpg

EDIT: NVM i see the coastal dump. my lord.. MBY is screwed.. but the inland coast.. lolz wow

My maps are showing 12" in some areas of the SC coast.. this can't be right..

Esat. 12"?? No way!! Besides, I think that the snow alg. showing up to 4" is overdone for E SC with 850's not below 0C much of the time.

My maps are showing 9+" in some areas of the SC coast.. this can't be right..

lolwtf.jpg

I'm only seeing 6 inches at most in those areas.

EDIT: There's a HRES ECMWF on WxBell now. Try that one out.

Archived