• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

Quite the temp spread out there this morning.

Currently, 37.6/31 here at the Pit.  You can see pretty well on these charts when my chances for hitting the freezing mark collapsed (2:30a.m.).  Got close, though with a 32.9.

I find it amazing (and ridiculous) that you are over 1000' on the E Slope of the Berks and places on the Cape will have had a hard freeze before you this year. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be a great pattern in Dec. For now, I think we yo-yo a bit. It may end up near to slightly below in the 11-15 day after the late week torch.

EPO looks mostly negative in the LR on the ensembles...so that would probably favor us AOB after the big torching cutter to start November.

EPO looks mostly negative in the LR on the ensembles...so that would probably favor us AOB after the big torching cutter to start November.

I'd probably lean below, but I wouldn't be shocked if we snuck in something to our west during that time. Otherwise, I care more about the H5 look and I like the look so far.  You probably could also argue a potential winter threat as well with that pattern. Hell they are getting WAA snow in VT right now.

I find it amazing (and ridiculous) that you are over 1000' on the E Slope of the Berks and places on the Cape will have had a hard freeze before you this year. 

This is actually pretty common. Lots of places in SE MA get freezes before the hilltops that don't radiate. It shows up on the freeze climo charts. Taunton, MA has a median first freeze date of 10/8 while the Savoy, MA coop at 1,930 feet elevation is 10/13

This is actually pretty common. Lots of places in SE MA get freezes before the hilltops that don't radiate. It shows up on the freeze climo charts. Taunton, MA has a median first freeze date of 10/8 while the Savoy, MA coop at 1,930 feet elevation is 10/13

Well, I'm excited that I got to 29.4 at the last minute.  Far from a freeze though--the shortness of the time below freezing with the immediacy of the sun shining on it limited me to minor frost.  Either way, the first of the season.

32.1/31

Well, I'm excited that I got to 29.4 at the last minute.  Far from a freeze though--the shortness of the time below freezing with the immediacy of the sun shining on it limited me to minor frost.  Either way, the first of the season.

32.1/31

I think everyone in the interior has accomplished the first freeze now. ORH did it too this morning after a few 33s recently. Now its BOS metro w'ere waiting on. PVD had their first freeze too yesterday morning.

I think everyone in the interior has accomplished the first freeze now. ORH did it too this morning after a few 33s recently. Now its BOS metro w'ere waiting on. PVD had their first freeze too yesterday morning.

Richmond had its first freeze on the same date as ORH and before BOS?  Wonder how often that happens. 

Archived