joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cut off Nor'easter threat 10/10-10/12

Brian5671

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this system will dampen most of us, not necessarily erase rainfall deficits. While it looks like we get some rain across the area, it looks more nasty than it does wet. I'm thinking most of us get slightly under an inch.

WX/PT

We were unfortunately overdue for a raw, nasty stretch after the sunny and warm last few weeks have been. Hopefully we'll at least get enough rain to re-awaken all the plants.

It's a good thing the low is weak, otherwise coastal flooding would've been very significant. The high and low are pretty close to each other and if the low were say under 1000 mbs, there would be significant problems with wind, erosion, and coastal flooding.

Not sure how to upload photos via iPhone on here. Where I am currently working in weehawken, NJ at this marina, tide is already higher than normal.

It's a good thing the low is weak, otherwise coastal flooding would've been very significant. The high and low are pretty close to each other and if the low were say under 1000 mbs, there would be significant problems with wind, erosion, and coastal flooding.

Coastal flooding may very we'll be significant.

Unrelenting northeast winds of 40-50 mph for several days gonna be a big problem.

Coastal flooding may very we'll be significant.

Unrelenting northeast winds of 40-50 mph for several days gonna be a big problem.

40-50 mph winds is a real stretch with this weak of a low. There will probably be some gusty 20 or 30 mph winds near the coast but nothing enough to cause any real damage. It's going to be a raw, damp maritime flow regime with maybe some shots of rain for a few days.

40-50 mph winds is a real stretch with this weak of a low. There will probably be some gusty 20 or 30 mph winds near the coast but nothing enough to cause any real damage. It's going to be a raw, damp maritime flow regime with maybe some shots of rain for a few days.

Not a stretch at all. Winds are steadily increasing as the system intensifies...winds are already staring to gust over 20mph...Will only be stronger tomorrow and beyond. Winds gusting to 50 on the outer banks already. Strongest winds will be on the NJ coast.

Not a stretch at all. Winds are steadily increasing as the system intensifies...winds are already staring to gust over 20mph...Will only be stronger tomorrow and beyond. Winds gusting to 50 on the outer banks already. Strongest winds will be on the NJ coast.

I don't see any gusts over 35, are you talking about offshore buoys?

So i would imagine the totals amount to an inch or so? So all in all rain shouldn't be a big problem. The general consensus is raw, dreary, breezy weather for a few days, which is just fine for me, I love this type of weather. Will have to monitor the coastal flooding situation though. I don't know how vulnerable the coasts still are but I'm sure any long duration onshore flow is never a good thing. 

OT: Pretty epic looking cold shot at the end of the 12z gfs run for late October. In general it's looking much colder heading forward after a strong cold front clears the coast end of next week. 

Euro not backing down at all, this run may end up wetter than all previous runs based on the precip placement. Especially for eastern areas.

2.5"+ for most of central and eastern LI by hour 54. Rain over the entire area.

Doesn't look like a heavy rain event in terms of a lot at one time, looks like a moderate rain spread over a long period of time. Given the Euro's steadfastness it's a more likely outcome than the crushed solutions.

Archived