joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not snow depth . This is the 0z Control run of snow accumulations for the next 15 days , nice bullseye !

But since I was nice enough to post this here ,I know you guys are gona root this 75 miles South , so we all end the year nutso .

lol, where'd you find that chart? I don't see it anywhere on the site.

Had a few minutes of flakes and now a mix of sleet and rain (partially freezing on contact), 31.6F. This is about the most precarious p-type situation I've ever seen. Hoping some of that convection in NW NJ heads up this way and cools the column for a sloppy inch or two.

Reminds me of an event from December 08 I believe. Precip came in late morning, was supposed to briefly be snow then change to rain. Instead it was several hours of freezing rain. I was going to the city with my family and the Taconic was littered with cars off the road. At one point they just closed the road and we sat there for literally an hour and a half. It took four hours to get to Manhattan from Poughkeepsie.

Anyhow, have freezing rain and sleet here, mixing with snow when heavier echoes move through. 28 degrees still.

Reminds me of an event from December 08 I believe. Precip came in late morning, was supposed to briefly be snow then change to rain. Instead it was several hours of freezing rain. I was going to the city with my family and the Taconic was littered with cars off the road. At one point they just closed the road and we sat there for literally an hour and a half. It took four hours to get to Manhattan from Poughkeepsie.

Anyhow, have freezing rain and sleet here, mixing with snow when heavier echoes move through. 28 degrees still.

Surface is definitely much colder than modeled. I doubt places north of I84 get above freezing at all before precip ends.

Reminds me of an event from December 08 I believe.

Yep, that was a doozy. We lost power for several days I believe and had some sizable tree damage. This region has actually made out well since then in terms of no major ice storms, which is really the only type of extreme wx I'd rather not have. Weeks of cleanup and recovery for glorified rain, though it does look pretty the morning after.

Keeps switching back and forth between mostly rain and mostly snow atm, but when it does snow it's some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen. Catpaws nothing, these things are bearclaws...

If you believe the 12z Euro, the best is yet to come for this winter...

What a weenie run!  At minimum, looks pretty cold starting Monday with snow chances every few days.  My favorite is wind chill advisory criteria on day 9 followed by 12-18" on day 10!  GFS looks similarly cold, but not as snowy.  

Archived