Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day all,

Current temp is 47F. Plenty of melting today as expected. Finally getting some of the snow ruts in the roads cleared up in the area.

high of 48F .

Keeping my fingers crossed that March delivers a decent elevation snow event again.

Possible event mid-week and a few flakes possible late tomorrow night into Monday morning.

Cold beers and grilling on order tonight.

Best.

What a disaster the main thread is lol.. I swear there should be an age limit on this board

Thank God many of the  childish posters in the main NYC forum don't post here.  We have a really good group and it has been growing.  The are a really lot of highly skilled  and intelligent posters in the main forum but they have to deal with all the immature people in that forum.

I am surprised how well the snowpack held up today.  As some have said I believe it is because of the multi layers of snow and some of the hard freezes.  I didn't post a yardstick beofe the first storm so I don't have an official measurement but I would say we still have 10+ inches of snowpack.

Thank God many of the  childish posters in the main NYC forum don't post here.  We have a really good group and it has been growing.  The are a really lot of highly skilled  and intelligent posters in the main forum but they have to deal with all the immature people in that forum.

I am surprised how well the snowpack held up today.  As some have said I believe it is because of the multi layers of snow and some of the hard freezes.  I didn't post a yardstick beofe the first storm so I don't have an official measurement but I would say we still have 10+ inches of snowpack.

Seems like a lot of the folks there made their way over from the Accuwx forums after being banned/shunned/told off. You just gotta get in and post during school hours. ;) It seems like tolerance of baseless posts/misinformation has increased from the days of Eastern but who knows.

The NAM completely backed off tomorrow's snows, suggesting that if we're lucky, we might see some flurries reach the ground. Not good when your go-to amped-up/wet model leaves you high and dry.

Seems like a lot of the folks there made their way over from the Accuwx forums after being banned/shunned/told off. You just gotta get in and post during school hours. ;) It seems like tolerance of baseless posts/misinformation has increased from the days of Eastern but who knows.

The NAM completely backed off tomorrow's snows, suggesting that if we're lucky, we might see some flurries reach the ground. Not good when your go-to amped-up/wet model leaves you high and dry.

I knew things had changed when I saw a thread dedicated to school closings...

Down to 14" this morning.

I was on the north shore of LI today and as the sun was setting they had made it through another day without losing their snowpack.  I was pretty surprised because it was t shirt weather down there today.  Everything along the NS Pkwy from the Cross Island out to Huntington was still nearly 100% cover, a few sunny spots had torched off but otherwise still good.  Here it's still hovering near a foot.  Hopefully it cools down quickly tonight and we don't keep losing it for much longer.  

I was there yesterday and noticed the same thing. How are you guys holding up in nyack?

We're at about 6-7 "...elevation is playing a role, up on top of my hill ive lost more than down in the valley (though i started with a bit more so we're at about the same now).

Mostly sunny here lol..

I must have been in the jackpot lol

Didn't last too long- but that was the 3rd heavy squall we've had since early this morning.

Partly cloudy now.

I wouldn't mind one more big storm this season- but if not I'm cool with it. Been a great winter- still have over a foot on the ground.

Euro prints out 1" to 1 1/3" QPF for all with subfreezing sfc temps the entire event, though the 850 freezing line briefly surges to a line from about Goshen to Springfield, Mass before collapsing south again. Snow maps show 10-12".

I take it this is the Monday system- right?

The storm thread has become comical.

I take it this is the Monday system- right?

The storm thread has become comical.

Yeah, and agreed. It's bad enough when folks argue over which model to ride, but this is just pages and pages of disputing what the same model showed! It's not a good thing when all of your most vocal posters have minimal knowledge on the technical side of meteorology.

Yeah, and agreed. It's bad enough when folks argue over which model to ride, but this is just pages and pages of disputing what the same model showed! It's not a good thing when all of your most vocal posters have minimal knowledge on the technical side of meteorology.

This!

Thanks for the update.

Yeah - everyone wants it to show snow for their area. There isn't much point in over analyzing one run when we know 5 days is a lifetime in terms of sensible forecasting. It will continue to change over the next few days. So all the sniping is much ado about nothing for now.

In the meantime the value of that thread has devolved into entertainment.

Archived