joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well almost time to throw in the towel lol I didn't think euro would shift but it's def south

I'm still holding out a little hope of a more textbook phase, but I think we may be toast for a big event. People have been talking about the big bad evil polar vortex all winter long, praying for its retreat, mocking it on TV, etc., but shunting this storm south will truly be its most heinous transgression.

See you in the inevitable March 7-9 thread, lol.

6" line gets to about SWF and run directly across into northern Putnam. North of there it drops off dramatically

I noticed my in- accuweather app forecast has bumped latest potential from 4-8 to 6-10 for my area- not that I hold any stock in that lol

Parts of PA definitely sitting pretty at the moment.

A good early call for the area would be a 3-6" storm HV wide. Obviously less north more south

Yup- and that's plenty to warrant a work from home day and not have to go to the office.

I'm still enjoying reading the storm thread- non stop comedy in there.

I love how Yanksfan keeps doing his thing in spite of the grief some people give him over there.

Rough crowd and people lose their minds if a storm doesn't show big snows in their neck of the woods- they should establish an off season UFC tournament for some posters- get some of them in the steel cage to work out their weather related angst Lol

What is wrong with 4-6 inches?

Seems reasonable at this point.

Sure the 0 Z runs tonight can still crap the bed and we get nothing.

The idea of a 12-18 inch storm look to be falling off the table at this point.

My post never mentioned anything "wrong" with 4-6... My laughing was aimed at the fact that at 06z this morning we were lookin at over a foot that's all... I could care less either way.. If it snows awesome, if not, I've had my fair share

Oh I'm not throwing out any possibilities... I just don't wanna weenie out and grasp at straws when the trend is pretty evident... But it could always change again that's what's so much fun about all this

Yup anything can change. In the other thread, folks whine when the jackpot is not in their back yard. Most have to chill out and enjoy the ride.  :)

I think the kids don't get that "as little as" 4-8" is still pretty darned significant. For the last what, 15 years or so, the occurrence of larger storms has become almost commonplace but the impact to the region is still similar to what it always was. For them it has become a computer game because they have no skin in the game outside of the numbers, no shoveling or driving in it or any of that. Read through the chaff and find the gems from the pros, its still there.

Archived