Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looks like a general 20-30" snowpack throughout the county with the exception being low lying areas in central OC ( 16-20")

That looks very accurate for Dutchess. I didn't know they made snow depth maps with that much resolution.

47F out this afternoon and I'm melting along with my snowbanks! amazing how unacclimated I've become this winter to direct sunlight and even the most moderate temps.

That looks very accurate for Dutchess. I didn't know they made snow depth maps with that much resolution.

47F out this afternoon and I'm melting along with my snowbanks! amazing how unacclimated I've become this winter to direct sunlight and even the most moderate temps.

Yeah its very accurate and is updated hourly on the site itself. 23" snowpack here and its 46f

We lost depth today, about 20 to 24 inches in Liberty, slower melts here than Long Island though

The pack is dense due to the multiple storms that have contributed to it.  A two foot snowpack from one storm will always lose out to a two foot snowpack created from multiple storms as far as longevity, especially if they were smaller events.    

What do you guys make of this, it's in the 40's at 1,600 feet, how will one flake fall?

A GOOD CHANCE OF RAIN WILL OCCUR LATE AFTERNOON THROUGH EVENING
ALONG A WARM FRONT...ESPECIALLY FROM THE TWIN TIERS NORTHWARD. IT
COULD BRIEFLY BE MIXED WITH WET SNOW OR SLEET AT FIRST FOR PARTS
OF THE CATSKILLS TO MOHAWK VALLEY

Not a good week to be snowpack but it's holding on like a champ. 16-18" depending on where you're standing. If we can avoid getting warm-sectored today and dodge the heaviest rainshowers this evening, many of us may well go into the reload with over a foot on the ground.

I have about the same pack as you, 17" at my stake but I'm sure there's a little more down in the shade along the woods line.  Whatever we do keep as pack will be rock solid, thats much is for sure. 

Temps only got up to 40 today and the snowpack has held up well.  i was in Queens since Monday afternoon and the difference in snowpack is huge.  I think a lot of the melting difference is the wide variance in nightime temperatures.  Queens nightime lows the last few nights were a few degrees above freezing and the snowpack didn't refreeze at night so it melted easier in the daytime.

Archived