• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

Second underperformer in a row in Mahopac after a winter of overperformers, so I guess I can't really complain.

I doubt we will hit an inch here, were originally under WWA for 3-5.

I'm ok with it  :whistle:   I'm out of room for more snow at the moment and need this stuff to pack down a bit so I don't have to throw the next round as high.  Looks like that's gonna happen so I can miss this one.  It does look like more is incoming though, radar off to our west looks promising.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with it  :whistle:   I'm out of room for more snow at the moment and need this stuff to pack down a bit so I don't have to throw the next round as high.  Looks like that's gonna happen so I can miss this one.  It does look like more is incoming though, radar off to our west looks promising.

Yeah, I just saw that...it actually looks better than it did an hour ago. I guess if that can hold together we still have a shot to squeak out an inch or two.  

Gonna be a wet sloppy mess around here come Friday.

Hmmph, I gotta stop looking at radar.  It's back to mod/mod+ here.  What do you have going on down in town?

I'm actually at work in Somers now, but yeah, it was just mod here too.

I actually don't live near town, I'm towards 684 @ about 660 feet.

As an aside, I never realized this, but there's actually some houses in Mahopac at close to 1,000' (maybe 980', top one may even be 1,000).  Just didn't realize we had anyone at those elevations here.

It keeps spitting off and on moderate snow. Nice little narrow band intensifying over here in Nepa as we speak, should come east into Hudson Valley/NNJ and drop an inch or so. Everything after that is real spotty and I don't expect much more. Although none of us should have had high expectations for this event.

20 degrees here right now, 1.0" total so far.

I can say with all honesty that Sunday night's glorified coating was more substantial than this event so far. We'll see how it plays out this afternoon.

Since meteorology isn't just about how much snow is on your deck, take a look at how pronounced the upper low is coming across the lakes. Beautiful system aloft, that's for sure.

post-3401-0-60573100-1392735620_thumb.gi

Yeah- 40's will feel like 80 up here lol

Looks like we go back to feeling like winter by sun- mon again. Regardless, it's been quite a Feb

Dont think you guys really warm with that snow pack its 2 ft deep down thru CNJ into NS of Long Island . Some of you guys have 30 inch packs. You will be adding it to after Sunday 

Dont think you guys really warm with that snow pack its 2 ft deep down thru CNJ into NS of Long Island . Some of you guys have 30 inch packs. You will be adding it to after Sunday

No doubt- the snow pack here is impressive. This was just from last Fri- we've added some more since then. That blob to the right that looks like a mound is actually my grill lol

No BBQ for awhile!

post-3103-0-45534600-1392740309_thumb.jp

No doubt- the snow pack here is impressive. This was just from last Fri- we've added some more since then.

Sick , Good for you guys . My Laurel Hollow house is 20- 24  Colts Neck closer to 18 . Lotta water in the pack , so you re gona keep a lot of that come Sunday  , 

Sick , Good for you guys . My Laurel Hollow house is 20- 24 Colts Neck closer to 18 . Lotta water in the pack , so you re gona keep a lot of that come Sunday ,

The last 2 weeks have really delivered up here- no doubt about it. Most of us are 70-75 in for the season.

Sounds like you have plenty down your way still as well. Can't wait to see how the rest of the winter plays out. My first softball league starts April 1st lol

LOL. How tall is the fence in your photo?

Is 5' - I'm probably around mid 30's for snowpack.

We have a cable box on the front edge of the property that's probably about 30in tall- haven't seen that thing since before the big storm on thurs lol

But I would really love to see that fence disappear - then I know we will be challenging all time records for the season. I've seen parts of it disappear in the past with drifting. One more good two footer might do it before we lose too much snowpack : )

Sick , Good for you guys . My Laurel Hollow house is 20- 24  Colts Neck closer to 18 . Lotta water in the pack , so you re gona keep a lot of that come Sunday  , 

Heres a link I found in the New England thread for snow depth that includes parts of the Hudson Valley. 

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/nerfc/graphics/snowmaps/sd1_today.jpg

Archived