Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is everyones YTD?? I would think everyone in here is between 65-75"

Just over 57". With any luck my latitude will help me in a couple marginal late-season setups so I can get back into the game!

What do y'all have on the ground up there???

A little over two feet, down from a peak of 28" yesterday morning.

That map is soo bad for Orange county its comical lol... 8-10"?? I had 19.2"

Not exactly sure where they get their reports, sure isn't neighboring offices it seems. But hey, don't shoot the messenger lol.  However, this map is pretty spot on for Nepa, especially after reviewing snowfall reports in my area and throughout the cwa.

Regarding system on Monday night into Tuesday, GFS looks like weak sauce with an inch or less, Euro and GEM look like a 1-3/2-4 type deal for our area. 

Albany is calling for an advisory level event with .25" to .5" liquid. Pretty impressive all things considered. HPC says they prefer a Euro and Canadian blend which is also a good sign.

Coating tonight? Clouds are thickening up pretty rapidly.

Albany is calling for an advisory level event with .25" to .5" liquid. Pretty impressive all things considered. HPC says they prefer a Euro and Canadian blend which is also a good sign.

Coating tonight? Clouds are thickening up pretty rapidly.

Euro seemed to back off at 12z from what I saw. I would actually prefer a plowable snowfall as my driveway is a mess from yesterday.

This is going to be rapid and rather moisture-starved, so I think Albany may be a bit too bullish for southern areas, but who knows. The best lift should be between 900 and 750 mb with temperatures there from -5 to -15C, so snowgrowth may be decent for a couple hours.

attachicon.gifaly storm total feb16.png

Wow.. 4-6" is def pushing it. I honestly think 2-4" is pushing it. As of now this looks like a 1-2" event to me.

I don't think the 12z Euro supported 3-6", as Albany's AFD calls for. It was like .2 or .3" QPF. 18z GFS came in a bit wetter so now about the same as the Euro.

SECONDARY DEVELOPMENT
IS FORECAST TO OCCUR OVER LONG ISLAND AND ALONG THE NEW ENGLAND
COAST DURING THE DAY TUESDAY. THE GUIDANCE HAS COME INTO BETTER
AGREEMENT WITH THE STRENGTHEN OF THIS SYSTEM WITH SOME DIFFERENCES
IN TIMING. HAVE TAKEN A BLEND APPROACH HERE WHICH FAVORS THE
ECMWF. EXPECTING A WIDESPREAD 3 TO 6 INCH SNOWFALL.

Hmmmph, quite (pleasantly) surprised at the current snowfall.  I never expected it to be this significant at all.  Everything is nicely coated and visibility is just over 1/4 mile.  I love it when we get a year that it just wants to snow but why do they always seem to happen when I can't afford to ski often?    :cry:

Steady light snow here, 24 degrees.  Nice little car-topper.  Good call JC!

Still don't buy the 4-6" with this next system, Upton suggesting 2-4" which seems to be more in line with guidance.  

After a brief warmup, both the Euro and the GFS seem to agree that the cold returns next week in the Monday/Tuesday time frame.  Looks like it could remain stormy as well.  Several Euro ensemble members suggesting the possibility of another snow event around the 25th.  GFS has some signals too.  Looks like the beat goes on.

Archived