joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think radar looks all that great, but the HRRR suggests a general 2-4" with some 4-6" pixels over parts of Putnam and Orange. Especially after this last storm, my feeling on the HRRR is that it's excellent for identifying and locating localized precip patterns, as long as you cut the verbatim totals a bit. IMO, something like 3.5" is probably our ceiling. I would totally lock in 1.5" to smooth out the lumpy snowpiles, though. :)

Flurries and heavy melting at 37F. Not sure why I'm so warm.

It didnt distinquish the sleet from the snow in it's amounts

It didnt distinquish the sleet from the snow in it's amounts

Yeah but even QPF is usually somewhat overdone. Radar is showing a rapidly expanding band of precip over NW NJ and the lower HV, just like the HRRR suggested, but I still don't think anybody approaches 6".

0.7" new (on the measuring board; nothing on pavement) at 31F.

Yeah but even QPF is usually somewhat overdone. Radar is showing a rapidly expanding band of precip over NW NJ and the lower HV, just like the HRRR suggested, but I still don't think anybody approaches 6".

0.7" new (on the measuring board; nothing on pavement) at 31F.

Agreed... 4" should be the ceiling for most.

Guest Patrick

got the same thing from my better half.. haha

officially getting plastered now.

Most likely so. I was bitching about the snow yesterday and my wife commented well you wanted to live on top of the mountain.

Guest Patrick

respecfully disagree, sir.  i think quite a chunk of real estate reaches over 4....

Agreed... 4" should be the ceiling for most.

Hey, anybody noticing that the vaunted warmup next week is being gradually muted each day we get closer. This is going to become a couple of 40-45 degree days when all said and done. The Mon-Tues snow will be a bigger deal also as we get closer (3-6, 4-8)

I was thinking that while looking at the latest forecasted highs for the week. Plus with all the snow pack I'm sure it has some effect.

Archived