northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2013 General Discussion

daddylonglegs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To demonstrate how tenuous severe weather chances are at any time of the year, let alone in mid to late September, many locations have just flipped to onshore winds (Kenosha, Waukegan, Waukesha, etc).  Chances of the line holding together and making enough of an eastward push not looking good, but we'll see.

haha sucks for you

Storms in central Iowa look to cruise down I-80 and slam the QC in a few hours.  They're moving away from some of the better mid-level support, but the mid-levels out ahead of it aint terrible either.  That and the decent instability in place, and the well established cold pool should keep these storms rocking well into the evening. :popcorn:

To demonstrate how tenuous severe weather chances are at any time of the year, let alone in mid to late September, many locations have just flipped to onshore winds (Kenosha, Waukegan, Waukesha, etc).  Chances of the line holding together and making enough of an eastward push not looking good, but we'll see.

I think eventually as the line approaches the wind will shift SW ahead of the warm front. 

73°/67° here right now. High 76° so far.

Thinking the line in WI and the one in IA will eventually meet up and become one line.

Can clearly see where the winds shift SW ahead of that line of storms. Storms should have no problem making it eastward tonight.

attachicon.gif091913wind.png

The southern edge of the northern line looks like it is starting to make an eastward push, which will help it accelerate.  Hope you get some nice storms tonight, Geos.  How much rain with this morning's storms?

The southern edge of the northern line looks like it is starting to make an eastward push, which will help it accelerate.  Hope you get some nice storms tonight, Geos.  How much rain with this morning's storms?

1.91"

Up to 2.94" for the month.

Hope you get some storms also. Did your area get a lot of rain this morning also?

1.91"

Up to 2.94" for the month.

Hope you get some storms also. Did your area get a lot of rain this morning also?

A couple tenths of an inch or so.  MKE (the airport) got around a tenth I believe, I'll check on it.

Edit: it turns out a measly 0.03" of rain.  The airport has been shafted on precip recently compared to most of the surrounding areas.  Really has happened in the bigger events all year.  Probably have at least a few more inches of precip even here than the airport on the year.

Your visual of the OFB/lake breeze is too far west in IL. Runs from near Lake Geneva down to Schaumburg and C. Dupage Co.

It is further east than that...it's in DuPage county along I-355.

attachicon.gifwind shift.png

Ok. I was trying to pick out where the wind shift was. Thinking that where the SE winds ended was the OFB.

Probably start warming up here eventually. 

Fixed

Ok. I was trying to pick out where the wind shift was. Thinking that where the SE winds ended was the OFB.

Probably start warming up here eventually.

Like we tell jonger, don't use personal weather stations...they're terrible with many things.

Wind and humidity.... For temps, they require a fan for sunny days, but have really good accuracy for night time lows.

My opinion of PWS's

Daily High: Accurate W/Fan

Daily Low: Accurate

Wind: Accurate

Humidity: They Suck

Dewpoint: They Suck

Precipitation: Good

Pressure: Accurate

Wind and humidity.... For temps, they require a fan for sunny days, but have really good accuracy for night time lows. My opinion of PWS's Daily High: Accurate W/Fan Daily Low: Accurate Wind: Accurate Humidity: They Suck Dewpoint: They Suck Precipitation: Good Pressure: Accurate

The only thing mine isn't very accurate at is wind direction, but that's because it's too low to the ground.  Other than that it's very accurate.  Don't know why others seem to have so many issues.

A couple tenths of an inch or so.  MKE (the airport) got around a tenth I believe, I'll check on it.

Edit: it turns out a measly 0.03" of rain.  The airport has been shafted on precip recently compared to most of the surrounding areas.  Really has happened in the bigger events all year.  Probably have at least a few more inches of precip even here than the airport on the year.

Airport and I crushed TOSA in August..    Hopefully all the rain dries up or misses here..  I'm sick of  cutting the lawn twice a week.

Airport and I crushed TOSA in August..    Hopefully all the rain dries up or misses here..  I'm sick of  cutting the lawn twice a week.

Not exactly crushed, but that was the one month of the year I can remember when it seemed the airport cashed in relative to other areas, relative being the key term.  That one nocturnal complex that gave the airport a couple quick inches sure helped.

Storms are beginning to weaken a bit.  Severe reports have fallen to almost nothing now.  I hope I can get a half inch of rain out of this.

I hope you can as well.  Like DLL I know it had been dry out your way for awhile.  Based on the looks of radar it's hard to say the storms are in weakening mode.  You should have zero problem getting a half inch of rain.

Archived